Best Value on a Muppet Figure

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, we're all going a little broke (me included) getting these cool action Figures. But what was the best (i.e. cheapest) price you paid on one of them? (Free does not count! If you got one for free, you did not pay).

I got Miss Piggy for $4.00, when my local comic shop had it's quarterly 1/2 off sale. There was only her and Dr. Teeth, and I already had him, so Piggy was my choice. I went to another location (it's a local Franchise) and they had none. None at all. So I got a pretty good deal on Disco Stu. It ain't much, but it'll do!

MM-III

Reaction score
12 bucks for a WW dr. Teeth from yahoo auctions

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I got my EB exclusive Piggy for $7.99. The Piggy was mispriced (I did not know that), and the guy decided to let me have the figure for $7.99 rather than $10.99...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back to MC forums! It's great to hear from you again, Drtooth. The lowest price I paid was $8.00 ($7.99 actually), for both doctors: Dr. Teeth and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew from my local Electronics Boutique. I purchased Kermit for a dollar more than that at Suncoast, so I'll stick with EBX from now on. BTW: Remember my post about Sesame figs in July? Well, I'm afraid you left the job unfinished! Since one of the countesses only lost her head, she can come back as a member of the living dead, because her black heart is still beating!

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.

zachatack

Reaction score
When I visited NYC this weekend, I went into the Times Square Toys R Us, and they had a bunch of Tuxedo Kermits marked down to $5.90. It was strange because only some of them were marked down, but I couldn't find that many defects. of course, the most irritating part is that they use the most obnoxious red sticker to show you the discount, and you ain't getting that sucker off that easily. So if you want a loose Kermit Tuxedo figure go to TRU in the city

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I got one as a gift... does that count? oh that would still be free wouldn't it?

Kermit...for my graduation!

Zack)Rowlf the, thinking about a new sig, Dog.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by zachatack
When I visited NYC this weekend, I went into the Times Square Toys R Us, and they had a bunch of Tuxedo Kermits marked down to $5.90. It was strange because only some of them were marked down, but I couldn't find that many defects. of course, the most irritating part is that they use the most obnoxious red sticker to show you the discount, and you ain't getting that sucker off that easily. So if you want a loose Kermit Tuxedo figure go to TRU in the city
the .90 price ending usually means that the item's been damaged or is missing something but can still be sold (final sale though, no returns)

didn't want anyone to think that TRU's aleady marking down the muppets :smile:

I havn't found any 'good deals'(at least not until I win the desktop image contest :stick_out_tongue:) but I did get all my figures/playset at TRU so they were less than the MSRP. :smile:

the Mad Moose

Reaction score
wound up getting 2 sets from eBay for $36, shipped;
cheaper than buying 1 set if you included tax!

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I got my EB exclusive Piggy for $7.99. The Piggy was mispriced (I did not know that), and the guy decided to let me have the figure for $7.99 rather than $10.99...
You are so lucky!!! :smile: That's 3 bucks to spend on another figure!

YOUR FACE!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

You are so lucky!!! :smile: That's 3 bucks to spend on another figure!

YOUR FACE!
Or muffins!