Best Line Ever!!!!! (5/8/03)

dcfboss

Reaction score
Today's episode with Baby Bear and his mom having a baby ... classic. i know have a new found respect for him ....

Papa Bear (looking in the Big Book of Bear Names) - Fuzzy ... Wuzzy ... Fozzie

Baby Bear - Those are all terrible names for a bear

I got the joke right away .... it was CLASSIC .... and it's true since Fozzie Bear is such a joke

Also the highlight of today's show was Grover doin his little hula dance ..... he makes sesame street fun this season

good to see the yip yip's too

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW!!! An intermuppet Muppet Refference. GREAT!! I can't wait to see it!

Anyway, that's even better than the other great line a few weeks ago, when the wolf said "WITH great power comes great responsability!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I got to see that episode with the wolf, where I lept after he stole Spidey's famous sig line. Anyway, Drtooth, there's another famous inter-Muppet reference harking back to the last continuous SS episode I saw before going away for a while and reconnecting to the Muppet world thanks to this vonderful vebsite. There's an episode with a Scottish collie dog opera singer named, I believe to be, Renata Scottie Dog. She came to Sesame looking for a new piano player to accompany her when she goes on tour, and she's trying to leur Bob away for these purposes. At the end of the episode, she accepts that Bob won't come with her but he says that he knows of a piano-playing dog named Rowlf who might be interested and that Bob could give him a call if she wanted him to. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That's hillarious! Fozzie Bear has got to be the best bear of all time, and it's great that they referenced him on SS.

:embarrassed:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
YAnyway, Drtooth, there's another famous inter-Muppet reference harking back to the last continuous SS episode I saw before going away for a while and reconnecting to the Muppet world thanks to this vonderful vebsite. There's an episode with a Scottish collie dog opera singer named, I believe to be, Renata Scottie Dog. She came to Sesame looking for a new piano player to accompany her when she goes on tour, and she's trying to leur Bob away for these purposes. At the end of the episode, she accepts that Bob won't come with her but he says that he knows of a piano-playing dog named Rowlf who might be interested and that Bob could give him a call if she wanted him to. Hope this helps and have a good day.
WOW!!!! I've never seen that episode!!!!!!
What year was that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Mand D, what happened to your Animaniacs inspired sig line? Anyway, the episode mentioned was, I'd say, between 1995-1997. Hard to pinpoint a specific year, but I know it was during my Senior high school year and my first university year at the UPR's Rio Piedras campus. Hope this helps and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here's another one. From the Letter of the Day cookie segment sponsored by the letter A. At the end, Cookie Monster ends up eating the safe that has its own key and the A cookie locked up inside... and concludes by saying: "The best laid plans of mice and men, and Cookie Monster."
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Hello Mand D, what happened to your Animaniacs inspired sig line? Anyway, the episode mentioned was, I'd say, between 1995-1997. Hard to pinpoint a specific year, but I know it was during my Senior high school year and my first university year at the UPR's Rio Piedras campus. Hope this helps and have a good day.
Oh, I change my sig around every so often, Count. The one I have now is in honor of the Henson family purchase of the Muppets, over which I feel much joy. I may use another Animaniacs quote in my sig line eventuallly!
Hmmmm.....95-97? Ah, yes, the "how-can-my-little-sister-prefer-Barney-to-Sesame-Street?" years...... *Shudder* No wonder I don't remember seeing it.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda D: Oh that's nothing. I'm Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the THIRD!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! ...Just a little thing I do.

Yes, quite a little thing indeed.
BTW: In the spirit of the post that started this thread, was somewhat amazed that not only did Sesame get away with referencing Fozzie Bear when attempting to name Curly Bear, Baby Bear's little sister... But also surprised that they got away with a reference to Yogi and Boo-Boo in the second episode when they finally decide on naming her Curly Bear.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by dcfboss
I got the joke right away .... it was CLASSIC .... and it's true since Fozzie Bear is such a joke
"Not quite sure how to take that..."--->:embarrassed: