"Being Elmo" now in select theaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Bumping this thread to plug the town I live in! :laugh:

On January 6, Being Elmo will be shown at the Irvington Town Hall Theater in Irvington, NY, which is easily accessible by train. Constance Marks and Corrine LaPook (who lives in Irvington - I was in a video project made by one of her sons in high school) will be in attendance, but no sign of Kevin - too bad, I'd want to take Elmo to Romeo's (local pizza place around here known for it's huge slices for really cheap prices). :stick_out_tongue: Hope I will see some you there!

Info: http://www.irvingtontheater.com/node/218

Puckrox

Reaction score
I saw Being Elmo last Friday! It was so great! I know Elmo gets a lot of grief because people find him annoying or whatever, but I definitely do not. I’m from the Elmo generation. I grew up learning from and loving Elmo, and not once have I ever disliked him. And after seeing Being Elmo I don’t think anyone can really hate the furry red guy. Or, at least, they can't deny that Kevin Clash is a spectacular Muppeteer.

But the movie is so much more than just Elmo. It’s about Kevin’s childhood, his ascent into puppetrey, his work with Jim and Captain Kangaroo, his work on Labyrinth, his relationship with his daughter, his struggles/knowledge of building puppets, his work with Sesame Street, and so much more. It’s a lovely piece, with a lot of familiar Muppeteer faces. It’s truly an inspiring film.

I hope it's still playing when I'm up in Portland for Xmas break, because I'd love to get one more chance to see it in theaters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The rating says it has a "brief drug reference," doesn't like a big deal.

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Just saw it earlier today. L-O-V-E loved it! And so did my mom! :big_grin: So inspiring...I am definitely getting it when it comes to DVD. C:

My heart ached when it got to Jim Henson's passing... :sympathy: I'm sooooo glad they didn't show Big Bird's part of the funeral service; I would have friggin' cried!

As for the drug reference, where was that? I don't remember any mentioning of drugs. Maybe it was during one of the parts I was whispering stuff to my mom. xD

Reaction score
I just finished watching it.
11:40am on New Year's Ever...how is that possible?
It was really good and it's most definitely recommended to all the fans and amateur Puppeteers and Puppet builders that frequent this forum.
Anywhere there's this part at the end when Kevin is meeting up with an admirer who's aiming to be a Puppeteer, he's asked by Kevin to identify the people in an old photo of a Sesame Street taping. So along with naming the Muppeteers he was able to point out Caroly Wilcox and Jon Stone. That blew my mind. Very impressive for a kid who's no older than 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.