"Being Elmo" now in select theaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
I can't wait! The trailer looked visionary. And there's clips of his time on Great Space Coaster? I LOVED that show as a little kid, had all the plushes.

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
They made great use of this footage they found of Kevin when he was younger from a cool special he did with Kermit Love, I think called "The Big Blue Ball"...
I just wanted to mention that the program was titled "Big Blue Marble", and it was fantastic to see that footage!

Also, in case I forget before writing it down somewhere else, Kevin mentioned that Richard Hunt "loved Schweppes ginger ale, tuna, and opera." I think the only reason this came up is because Kevin was talking about how Richard hated performing Elmo, among other things, and he wanted to counter that by telling us about something that Richard actually enjoyed.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm excited. I've heard really good things about Being Elmo, and I already have a plan with a friend for the day after Thanksgiving, when we're both home in Portland, to go see Being Elmo and then The Muppets together. :laugh:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Is the movie coming out EVERYWHERE in November? I know it's in New York now

Puckrox

Reaction score
It's not coming to me!!
Oh no! That's awful!

I think if the film generates a lot of interest it may start showing at more locations. Since it was sort of low budget and an indie film, not too many people know about it. But hopefully lots of people will go and see it and then it'll stay in theaters longer and then everyone will get a chance to see it!

I only have one chance to see it, and that's November 25th, the day it opens in Portland. I go back to college the following day, so I'm gonna have to see it on opening day, which is totally fine with me. :smile:

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
I recently saw it and I must say that you should see it. You will have a new appreciation for Elmo and see Kevin Clash in a new light. If you have read, "My Life as a Furry Red Monster," some of the stories that he tells are told in the documentary with actual video footage. But, there are also MANY other experiences that are shared in the movie that will make you laugh and cry. I highly recommend this movie to anyone. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.