Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I did find an article with a bit more from the director. Looking forward to the eventual DVD release. I'm sure it will get one but it will likely be a year or three. I know that my wait for The Boys was nearly interminable.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'm sure PBS will run this sometime, possibly as part of Independent Lens like The World According to Sesame Street was.

You cannot call yourself a Henson fan if you don't hungrily want to see a documentary about any of the puppeteers, no matter who he plays. If they made one about the guy who was Ernie's right arm for one sketch when his regular was sick, I'd see it.
I saw the world premiere of World According to Sesame Street at the Museum of Television and Radio (now the Paley Center) in NYC. Marty Robinson was there on the post screening panel with Telly and it was such a brilliant film. I also agree with you, I LOVE behind the scenes Muppet footage and information, so a film on anybody would definitely grab my attention as well.

ploobis

Reaction score
I just read about this documentary on Muppet Wiki. Sounds like a "MUST SEE" to me!

I hope it gets released on DVD in the future!

zns

Reaction score
Well the film had its premiere. How was it? Were there juicy clips? Will it ever be released on DVD?

Collgoff

Reaction score
They should also do a documentary about Caroll Spinney, since he is considered Sesame Street's living legend. He would be agreat subject to talk about, based on the show's long-running history.
It would be something but maybe in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.