Behold..The Zero Dollar Bill!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't really feel save with this whole extreme ups and downs we've been having lately. There needs to be some stability and study growth. I sure hope we get some soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Forget it... stocks fell again on signs that retail was sluggish, and fell like 1 percent under expectations or some dumbsnot like that.

Hey, Wall Street schmucks... you know what clearly doesn't effect retail sales at all? Taking money from the companies so they can fire more people. Surely, those fired people aren't having to go without, leading to more firings.

But hey, rest assured, your pension is safe. Too bad people like me will never even get pension... or steady employment...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now I know for a fact we're in The Second Great Depression.

My family's now completely BROKE! We've got NO money whatsoever! Like so many other people, this means now, we're literally going to have to live paycheck-to-paycheck.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't say everyone else was completely broke, I said for right now, we're having to live paycheck-to-paycheck, like a lot of other people are having (or have been having to) live right now.

And a lot of people ARE virtually just living paycheck-to-paycheck.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And a lot of people ARE virtually just living paycheck-to-paycheck.
How true that is. It was true before the crisis, but obviously it's even more urgent now. All things must pass, it will get better, but it's a huge injustice right now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
it will get better
True, but like so many other bad situations, it WILL get worse before it gets better.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking... "HOW can it get any worse than it is NOW?"

Well, we'll find out if we see John McCain has been named our new president.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, one's clearly been a-gunnin' for an Iran war (Cough Cough McCain), the other at least makes some semi-realistic proposals.

I just don't wanna see a Deval Patrick type deal. Story time, kiddies... once upon a time, there was a dark man named Mitt Romney that ran as a Republican in a blue state to say that he has cross appeal. he also cut taxes for the wealthy suburbanites, while chopping needed programs left and right. After 2 years of being in office, he decided to leave his post, run for president, and bad mouth the state he got elected in to appeal to the same old conservative crowd. Just before he left, he unwisely slashed the budget (when there was nothing wrong with it) and left the state in financial ruins. Along comes a man that spoke of hope, and he won the governement seat. Unfortunately, he spent so much time defending him self, after being put under a microscope for being a liberal, that he couldn't get anything done. And now we still have a crappy budget... and it's ALL MITT'S FAULT!

I have some faith in Obama there, since that's the worst case scenario. Worst case scenario with McCain? We're still in Iraq, but now we're fighting other countries we should have kept our noses out of.

Plus, with McCain's runing mate hunting small animals from helicopters (Modest means my foot), we're gonna have a bigger catastrophe than when Cheney shot the guy when hunting. :coy: