Because I'm a Villain

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
You haven't read Comeback King yet, have you Ari? Go there and read Act 1, it holds your answers about Kermit's absence, though I suspect that will be explored here too.
I read Act I and I'm still kind of confused. I don't want to spoil it for other readers though so just PM me if you can to assist in my understanding.

"Comeback King is a narrative of very heavy-duty proportions":big_grin:

You're right Dr. Teeth, that's why I need some help!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm sure Kermit will show up, but as this takes place earlier in my fanfic timeline than Comeback King (and particularly And If That Diamond Ring Turns Brass) ... their relationship must ... well ... not be what you'd like. (That, and I have a huge crush on Nicky Holiday, and this is HIS story, so Kermit will just have to wait, LOL.)

I've finally figured out how I'm going to end this story. I'm just trying to weigh the possibilites and who should do what.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I got your PM message and thank you very much for the explanation

Sigh.. although I am sad for my favorite romantic pair, I understand the need to mix things up a bit to achieve creativity and have an awesome plot, which is what I see in this story. I definitely need to go back and read both the Comeback King and If that Diamond Ring Turns Brass, which I am happy to do.

Please post more soon, great work so far, so much depth and detail

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The Kermit-Piggy subplot is introduced in Act 1 of Comeback. I forgot if it's mentioned (it might be, briefly) in Act 2, and we hear more of Piggy's side in Act 4. (Act 3 is strictly for the Dinosaurs cast, albeit with a cameo of Doc from Fraggle Rock.) I think you'll like how Diamond ends. At least, I did. :stick_out_tongue:

I really went all out in my first Muppet fanfic ever to stretch my imagination as far as it would go, creating an almost obsessively fanatic fic that fact-checked every detail at least two or three times, even in implied events (like what happened to Mokey). The reason I haven't written a fic for awhile in my universe (just Dorm fics that may or may not fit, since there is plenty of room for them) is that I couldn't figure out any new open spots in the timeline. However, I finally found one. Despite the relatively fast nature of posting chapters to this story, I have been mulling over details obsessively to ensure that everything fits (this is to counter what happened in Diamond, where I idiotically changed Rachel Bitterman's backstory because I didn't bother to check what I had already said -- but Ed fixed it, so it's okay now).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha... Ziffled in PM'ing because of my comp not wanting to send before having to restart the system. Maybe Mewtwo can make some more custom computers? Pffeh.
*Muffins for the gang here. :hungry:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Mine was acting weird with posting replies yesterday. Glad it's not just me. LOL.

edit:

And you REALLY want confusion? Cait's A Robotic Heart is just as fanatic with dates and stuff. That makes When Architecture Met Technology a MIRACLE, since it has to fit within the timelines of BOTH our universes (and who's to say our universes can't be one and the same, since we don't really address each other's featured characters?).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know about that too well. If you want craziness concerning dates in Muppet history, read Toga's Flippersteps in the Sand. I'll warn you, Chapter 9 is the heartstabber extraordinaire. And then there's how Sadie's Stories and Rowlf's Stories and my own main stories attempted to fit each other concerning the development of the town and certain events. If you read my MFG, you'll notice a few references here and there to stuff going on for other members which was common knowledge to us here. Oh well...

*Leaves to check other threads, placing a bookmark.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Chapter 5: Gee, Bitter Much?

Doc Hopper, dressed in a dark grey suit, a white shirt, and a black tie, sat on a leather sofa in the front lobby of the massive financial institution, tapping his foot impatiently.

“Mr. Hopper?” asked an adult female voice. “What a pleasure it is to see you!”

Hopper stood up, dusted his legs off, and frowned at the thin Caucasian female with reddish-brown shoulder-length hair. “Ah don’t like wastin’ mah time, honey-bunch.”

The female smirked and extended her hand. “I’m sorry,” she replied snarkily. “I was busy spending all of your money. I find it quite cathartic.”

Hopper chuckled and scratched his head. He nodded and shook her hand. “Long as ya let me take a peek at it ev’ry now an’ again, you can do whatever you like, sugah-muffin,” he added, tickling her chin.

The female executive smirked and turned around briskly, motioning for him to follow. “Let’s retire to my office, shall we?”

Hopper laughed.

The woman stopped cold, clenching her fists. “Not everything is an innuendo,” she growled. Once they were in her office, which was cold and dark, she sat down on her extravagant black leather chair and put her feet on her desk. “So,” she said, “how can Bitterman Bank help Doc Hopper today?”

Doc Hopper picked up a pencil from her desk and twirled it around in his fingers. “Ah dunno,” he began, “Ah hear ya got took in a right ugly deal last year – a deal that’ll cost ya millions.”

The woman cleared her throat and put her feet down. She leaned forward. “I assure you that I have plenty of assets,” she told him. “I’m simply investing in the community.”

“Funny, you don’t seem like the charity type.”

“Neither do you,” she retorted curtly.

Hopper frowned. “It’s a right shame that some little shrimp took your club away.”

The woman smirked and leaned back. “It’s just awful how one little – admittedly frustrating – amphibian can tear down a fast-food empire … or at least a small fast-food town.”

Hopper clenched his fists. “Ah’m sorely tempted ta take mah money elsewhere, Bitterman.”

Ms. Bitterman laughed and shrugged. “I’m quite certain there are countless other two-bit redneck hacks with a fistful of Monopoly money and a delusion of grandeur just waiting to open an account with us.”

Hopper growled under his breath and stood, tipping his hat, turning, and walking away. As soon as he opened the door, a two-foot-tall green frog looked up in shock.

Doc Hopper?”

Hopper couldn’t help but grin. “Funny thing ‘bout dreams, Kermit – nevah quite work out the way ya figure, huh?” he asked as he stomped past the small amphibian carrying a briefcase.

Ms. Bitterman cracked an expensive pen with one hand.

Kermit watched Doc Hopper leave and then entered Ms. Bitterman’s office. “What was he doing here? He didn’t buy out the Theater, did he?”

Ms. Bitterman stared at her desk and shrugged slightly. “Why the concern?”

Kermit plopped the briefcase onto her desk, startling her. He opened it and revealed thousands of dollars in cash. “Because I had to leave my home on account of him!” He sat down, but got up again and started pacing. “Even though it wasn’t always peaceful, I had a great little house over on Sesame Street. It was nicely decorated and everything!”

Ms. Bitterman watched him pace. “It’s not like he tore your house down. I am also not aware of any restraining orders against you.”

Kermit growled and sat back down, sulking. “I can’t live in a neighborhood owned by a murderer.”

Ms. Bitterman smiled genuinely for the first time today. “It wouldn’t have been murder. Didn’t you hear the verdict? If a human killing an animal or a plant is murder, we’d all be in prison just by virtue of eating.”

Kermit bit his lower lip briefly. She enjoyed anything that made him suffer. He could never figure out why, though. She could be worse than Hopper. It didn’t matter who they stepped on – as long as they made money doing it. He nodded toward the briefcase. “There’s your money,” he said finally. He stood, looking back at her. He spoke in a genuinely caring voice. “Ms. Bitterman? Don’t turn your back on him. He knows crooks with good aim.”

Ms. Bitterman granted him the barest of nods. “Not too good – you’re still here, aren’t you?”

Kermit nodded once. “Still,” he said quietly, “don’t close your eyes around him.” He left.

Doc Hopper, meanwhile, stewed in his limo. How dare that overblown upstart hussy talk to him that way? It wasn’t like talking to that grouch reporter – those clowns are just into being the opposite of what everyone else does. No, she meant what she said, and that infuriated him. This was the third time she had brushed him off. Most women would faint on the pure sight of him. He clenched his fist so hard, a tiny trickle of blood dripped down his palm. He had no problems bagging any woman he wanted. Most men might be ashamed if a woman only loved him for his money. He shook his head. That was the only way to make sure they stuck around. Only an idiot would sacrifice a sure thing.

He nodded.

Only an idiot would sacrifice a sure thing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You make me like this more and more... Rachael, am I saying this about her? What a breath of fresh air she can be, antagonistic as her character is. Wondering where this will go as I too am afraid of a neighborhood owned by Hopper. Sure, a fast food or eatery enterprise is enjoyed by us all... Until we come face to face personally with what we're eating. Uch... Please, do post more soonish.
*Leaves muffins conjured with crystal ball.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Actually, by this point Hopper's fast-food business is belly up, which is why he changed to real estate. He actually owns quite a bit and hopes to own some more ... in the Southwest.

And I needed a third villain to make my intended ending work. We didn't really get a chance to see Rachel in between VMX and Comeback King/Diamond, so there's that. Heheheh ... if only Doc Hopper knew WHY she wasn't into him ... LOL.