Beat The Time with Grover

Dantecat

Reaction score
(1)What Just Happens When Grover Plays Beat The Time?

(2)What Year Was It?

(3)How Is It?

fozziefan

Reaction score
Grover on Beat the Time

Hi

I'm not sure about all the details, but here's basically what happened. Guy Smiley tells Grover to find four things that contain milk. Grover eventually comes back with cheese, ice cream (or something like that I forget which ones), and two cows. I thought it was funny and cute to watch. Haven't seen it in a long time, that's why the details are fuzzy. I have no idea when it was made.

Hope this helps!

Katie

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Does anybody have this clip? It sounds really interesting.

Nickrj

Reaction score
I saw another one with Cookie Monster. Guy tells him to find 3 things that rhyme with the word Rain. Cookie finds a cane, a chain and a train to win a cookie!!

Nick Johnson

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Several "Beat the Time" segments have been made, with Cookie Monster, Grover, the Count, and Elmo.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Nickrj said:
I saw another one with Cookie Monster. Guy tells him to find 3 things that rhyme with the word Rain. Cookie finds a cane, a chain and a train to win a cookie!!

Nick Johnson
That one was on one of the Unpaved episodes shown on Noggin. I don't know the episode number offhand, but it was the 1973 season premiere.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
when someone mentions SSU, what is Unpaved? Is it still acquirable from the folks at Noggin? And what was Unpaved?

BJ

MuppetDude

Reaction score
"Unpaved" was a series of 67 episodes consisting of old SS episodes from the first 20 seasons, mainly season premieres and the most famous episodes (such as the one with Mr. Hooper's death, or when Maria and Luis were married). Unfortunately, it's no longer shown on Noggin.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah yes I well recall this great "Beat the Time" skit with Grover. (I liked the Cookie Monster one even better). It was five things actually that Grover had to find that contained milk. And he finds cheese, butter, and ice cream and then just before the buzzer sounds he brings in 2 cows to make a total of five! And Guy Smiley shouts, "Wonderful!" and music plays and Grover is a winner. Shortly after I saw this skit in the early 70's I got a joke book that had classic jokes like "Why did the boy throw the clock out the window? He wanted to see time fly" and "What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence? Time to get a new fence". Well, one of the jokes was, "Can you name five things that contain milk?" And the answer was, "Cheese, ice cream, butter, and two cows." So maybe the joke preceded the SS skit. As a first grader I would enjoy expanding this joke by saying, "I can name a hundred things that contain milk." Then when a kid would say, "No way", I would say "A hundred cows!"