Bear in 2004

Luke

Reaction score
Princess Melora said:
Disney paid over 50 million to own Bear in the Big Blue House -- more than they paid for Kermit and friends, actually. Obviously, you don't pay out that kind of cash if you're not going to continue to grow the franchise.
Right on "Princess". I hope they commision the new TV series and also the greater presence in the parks will really help to give the franchise further increased popularity for many years to come. Henson did a great job working with Disney on BITBBH but i hope that with Disney in complete control they seize opportunities a bit more. Not just increasing Bears visibility in the states but as mentioned the UK has been left alone a bit by Henson. BITBBH is played everyday many times on many channels and has gained mass popularity but the merchandise is usually left to sell itself with a stand-in performer walking around a trade show nowadays if we're lucky. Bear really comes "alive" when Noel is doing an appearance on a live adult or kids shows and interacting with people. There was a great Children in Need appearance over here and i saw him with Regis in the states - i think they need to get him on a plane and do more of this kinda stuff. If the Bear gets more exposure to viewers of all ages rather than just being left as the show itself in a pre-school time slot it's going to really pay off for them when it comes to park goers wanting to see him live or with more "family" targetted DVD's or movies.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Luke said:
Right on "Princess". I hope they commision the new TV series and also the greater presence in the parks will really help to give the franchise further increased popularity for many years to come. Henson did a great job working with Disney on BITBBH but i hope that with Disney in complete control they seize opportunities a bit more. Not just increasing Bears visibility in the states but as mentioned the UK has been left alone a bit by Henson. BITBBH is played everyday many times on many channels and has gained mass popularity but the merchandise is usually left to sell itself with a stand-in performer walking around a trade show nowadays if we're lucky. Bear really comes "alive" when Noel is doing an appearance on a live adult or kids shows and interacting with people. There was a great Children in Need appearance over here and i saw him with Regis in the states - i think they need to get him on a plane and do more of this kinda stuff. If the Bear gets more exposure to viewers of all ages rather than just being left as the show itself in a pre-school time slot it's going to really pay off for them when it comes to park goers wanting to see him live or with more "family" targetted DVD's or movies.
I agree completely Luke. :smile:

duderguy

Reaction score
Bear Franchise

Well it most likely wont be franchised anymore on a live tour because Vee Corps contract wiht bear expires in a few short months. One of the sets has already been completly destroyed.

Although i hear they are realsing a disney tour soon called "disney live" which for now just stars winnie the pooh and freinds but later may feature other characters such as, for instance bear in the big blue house.

MATT

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA MATT!!

Say, you planning on doing any other VEE Corp productions? Or are those days over? BTW: I don't remember. Did you ever post a thread all about your experience all those months working with BITBBH Live show?

Kev

astrogirl

Reaction score
Fan from Tasmania

Hey there everyone, I am a new user and just want to say what a fantastic show Bear is, my 1 1/2 year old son LOVES bear, some of his first words were "Bear" "Luna" and "tutter" I am trying to collect as much merchandise as I can as It isn't available here I have been using ebay.
Down here we have only ever seen series 2 & 3 broadcast, I would love to see the first and fourth series, can someone do something about that?!!
:stick_out_tongue:
Anyway any more information about Bear is fantastic, keep up the good work!

beaker

Reaction score
So this should be changed to Bear in 2005...any news on Disney's plans to relaunch Bear into the bear light?

flipsend

Reaction score
Hi

In the UK (just to let you know) Bear is Big. Bear did at one point fade as far as merchandise goes in our disney stores, but him and the gang have been back pretty much when the new muppet merchandise arrived. The Live shows have done well at least where i live (near Brighton) and i think Bear is well known for its colour, music and characters. I personally love it :flirt: and have a few items of bear even though im way passed it but its so creative. If Disney put Bear in the big blue house on anyone of the non sky/cable channels in the UK i think it would get a bigger response and more viewers (Only the Disney Channel and Channel 5 have it on sky for us brits). Does anyone know if there will be a collaburation with any other jim henson or disney creations eg. Sesame street??