Ballroom song.

NotAShrimp

Reaction score
Ruahnna - That's neat! So there are a couple versions of the original throughout the seasons? I wasn't aware of that! :excited: So when you are referring to it being re-recorded this was during the run of the show correct?

Barry Lee -That's also pretty cool! :cool: I really haven't seen the show (except season 1 since it was released) since it was aired and certainly not often enough to have noted that there was a disco version in existence. When you say "many others" I presume you mean things like the chef theme, Pigs in space, that kind of thing?

This is really neat to me!:excited: I love the music of the TMS! Is there reading I can pick up on this? The who wrote it, who performed it, and versions of it are all things I am facinated by. I am also a semi-beginning collector of Muppet memoribilia (I know, shocking right?) and this type of thing is right up my alley.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Since this isn't one of the most in demand Muppet songs, what you could do is hire someone with an ear for music. That is a person who can pick out individual notes and then write the music for this song. I've heard of people who do this, but you have to pay them to do it. If you anyone who is a musician or ask at a local music shop and they could possibly help you find someone.

NotAShrimp

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Since this isn't one of the most in demand Muppet songs, what you could do is hire someone with an ear for music. That is a person who can pick out individual notes and then write the music for this song. I've heard of people who do this, but you have to pay them to do it. If you anyone who is a musician or ask at a local music shop and they could possibly help you find someone.
Thanks for the suggestion Infinity Sirus. I actually did think of this, and have a couple friends (including myself) who are musicians. I could probably pick out the notes and parts for all the instruments myself. It's just VERY time consuming. :boo: I may take up this task if it gets too cumbersome to go another route. I've also considered using some audio equipment to strip out voice work. The issue with that is that you don't always get what you want out of it (a note missing here and there, odd sound levels, the like). I'd also like to see if there might be better documentation on who composed and/or who (specifically) recorded all of the individual music bits for TMS. I (unfortuneately) am pretty well resigned to the fact that neither of these will be obtainable for my reception, but I am now look at this as a long term project.

Might I add that I'm really jazzed about the fact that there are people out here such as you guys that are at least partially enthused about these types of things as well.:cool: