Bad Baby Names

RedDragon

Reaction score
Oh brother <groans> LOL

Oh, Oh, I know a bad name. Naming your kid after a car like rich people do.

Katzi428

Reaction score
digging up a slightly old thread
Someone mentioned the name "Dorcas" in here,right? Well,my sister worked with a woman named Dorcas this past summer.Weird name,I know! I said to my sister,"You sure it's not Doris?" She said that it was Dorcas

Pork

Reaction score
I know people called Flame and Lake

Davina

Reaction score
hubby and i are considering the name Serenity Tiger Rose if we ever have a girl...
(and James Daniel Merlin for a boy... Merlin was hubby's father's name..)

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
If I have any kids, my first son will be named Duncan. It's brilliant! I can call him Duncan Donuts all his life and drive him nuts! XD

If I marry some guy with the last name Jones and I have a son, I want to either name him Mashed Potato(go see Halloween Fairstival at homestarrunner.com for reason) or David Robert(personal injoke).

My mom's name is Joy. Perfectly fine, except one thing: she can "never find anything with [her] name on it except around Christmas!"

If you do not want your kids to shun the identity you gave them, don't give them names with which they have the oppurtunity to shorten. My parents named me Jessica. Never call me that, unless you like having a black eye. IT'S JESS. GOT THAT?

Never give your kids names that the spellcheckers hate. My middle name's Renae, spelled exactly like that. Microsoft Word's spellchecker eats it right up.

One more thing... FOR THE LOVE OF FRIED POTATOES, DO NOT NAME YOUR KID JESUS! I'm so glad the guy in my health class who was named that went by "Bronce". It's a lot easier on my nerves...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wasn't there someone once who had a dog named Jesus? I can't remember if it was these forums or another forum where that was happening.