Avoiding Destiny

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question... Did you leave Bo and Fishnwolf back in Leeland? Or are they just sleeping on the bus and didn't get woken up, not even by the sudden stop when Steve joined the gorup onboard?

christyb

Reaction score
Beau and Fish'n'Wolfe are back in Leland for the moment. I haven't decided to have them catch up with us or not. Oh yeah....ya'll missed an MC member in the last chapter.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? You mean that MC member dragging the cow? Nope, spotted her fright away, along with her MopFam reference for that matter.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooooooooh! Whatever and the cow! SWAEHB! Lisa and Christy! Tsk! Rizzo's hamock. The Great Gonzo! The song! The guitar! The screenplaaay!

Oh, and you just dare leave Kev and I behind Christy, dear. Just kidding, you do whatever.

Oooooooh! Whatever! And the cow! SWAEHB! Oh, I'm repeating myself.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hi Repeating Myself, I'm Insane A. Sylum. Nice to meet you, how you doing today? Here, have a muffin. Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Christy! MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christyb

Reaction score
Tis only fair that my own thread gets muffined. Beau, I never said I was going to keep you there. :halo:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Any chance of getting an update Sis? When you get the chance of course.

christyb

Reaction score
You'll have one soon. Either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. It depends on when I get finished with it.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Six

Dr. Teeth led the group of weary travelers. He offered them the day’s leftovers and a place to rest free of charge. With their favorite word in the offer everyone agreed to rest and begin again in the morning. They all settled into a meal of coffees, juices, and sandwiches. Dr. Teeth immediately began asking how the bus was treating her. Lisa turned to the newcomer Steve Whitmire and began firing questions. Scooter and Rizzo inhaled the food in front of them and immediately asked for more.

Kermit quietly sat in an overstuffed recliner. He leaned back bringing his coffee to his lips sipping quietly. The refurbished church looked beautiful. The hardwood floors shone a brilliant honey color. The platform that once held fiery sermons now was home to the front counter. In the choir loft were shelves holding glistening glass bottles of syrup. At the foot of the loft stood an antique showcase that held pastries during the day. On top of the counter held the gold espresso and coffee machines. Just to the right another counter adjoining it in an “L” shape. Rizzo had now climbed back there helping himself to all the deli-sandwich makings. Completing the kitchen area was what used to be an antique desk sitting adjacent to the sandwich station. Behind this were fruits, vegetables, a cooler for ice cream, and blenders. A refurbished cash register from the 1800’s sat at a corner waiting for the next day’s sales to begin. Kermit took another sip of his coffee and looked over to the other side of the large stage. This half had been sectioned off for local bands to play. A step down led to the dining room. Café tables and chairs mingled with comfy overstuffed recliners with couches and coffee table lining the sides. Dr. Teeth had done and excellent job of bringing back all the woodwork and art to the church, but gave it a unique and new feel to it.

After only a short while the travelers began nodding off. Dr. Teeth led them upstairs to his apartment. He gave the girls the bedroom much to the dismay of everyone else. In moments though not having a bed was forgotten as everyone drifted off to sleep.

Lisa rolled over pulling the cover over her head and groaned. A ray of sunlight shone through the miniblinds honed in on her eyes. Christyb mumbled something in her pillow turning over encountering a bit of the light beam. Frowning she flopped back onto her pillow covering her eyes with one arm moaning, “What time is it?”

Lisa poked her head out glancing at the digital alarm clock on the nightstand. “5:30,” she said with a yawn, “It’s a good thing Dr. Teeth is closed today.”

“What good does it do us with the sun in our faces. So much for sleeping late.” Christy moaned sitting up.

“Well just think of what’s downstairs, coffee and food. We can get first dibs on everything if the boys are still asleep,” Lisa said hopping out of bed.

“You have way too much energy in the morning.” Christy began to slowly make her way off her bed, “I bet you’re gonna get all beautiful for the banjo hitchhiker. Oooo la la, not a bad catch girl.”

“Ez good looking no?” Lisa said laughing all the way into the adjoining bathroom.

After a bunch of teasing and giggling both girls were dressed and ready. They opened the door and peered out into the dark living room. All around the boys were sprawled about in odd positions fast asleep and snoring. They began to make their way to the stairs when Christyb stopped and grinned. Lisa mouthed, “We shouldn’t” but ran back to her bags and came back with makeup, shaving cream, and eyeliner. Quiet snickers came from the girls as they booby trapped their friends. In minutes Kermit sported an eyeliner mustache and shaving cream hair. Rizzo looked beautiful as Lisa placed shaving cream in his hand and set a feather to tickle him when the fan blew his way. Christyb hoped for Scooter’s face that he wouldn’t sit up too fast when he woke up. Now dangling from the ceiling was a “cream” pie that dribbled on him and was waiting for an imprint. Both girls agreed that Steve looked fabulous in hot rollers and his new face. Deciding to leave Dr. Teeth alone for the fact that it was his house after all.

Downstairs the girls laughed heartily as they made their way to the kitchen area to make breakfast smoothies and dish up whatever else they could fined, “Christy do you want pineapple or bananas in your smoothie?” Lisa called opening the refrigerator.

“How about both?” Christy walked out of the door that leads to the ovens sporting cinnamon rolls.

“Sounds good to me…aaaahhhhhhh!!!!” Lisa jumped screaming.

“What?” Christy put down the pastries running over to where Lisa stood.

“A…a….huge bug is in the fridge!” Lisa squealed.

“A bug? You screamed over a bug?” Christy remarked leaning over to see inside the refrigerator.

‘I am not a bug okay. I’m a King Prawn!” Pepe huffed shaking his fist, “Now ladies what can I do for you?”

“How about explaining why you’re in there.” Christy said as Pepe hopped out. She took the fruit they were looking for and tossed it to Lisa.
In a few minutes breakfast was ready and the three sat around a table listening to Pepe who apparently didn’t like being called a shrimp, “Si, Si, is a long story okay. A long long times ago I lived in Hollywood. Here comes this actor who was loved in all of Bombay, but no one wanted him in America okay. So I say to the blue nosed odd thing, ‘Stick with Pepe and Pepe will make chou a star. I’ll make all the womens want you and make lots and lots of monies okay.’ It worked too. It really worked. Not bad for a crumb cracker heh heh. Anyways one day this turkey comes to me and says that Pepe is not good enough for him. Now lemme ask you ladies is that right? I make this guy a star and he walks out on me.”
Lisa took a bit of her roll and said, “Correct me if I’m wrong. You were The Great Gonzo’s agent and he dumped you?”

“Si, I was his agent. I lost all my monies in Las Vegas playing the slot machines okay. It wasn’t so bad. He treated me better than he did his little chicken friend. I never did get my Jacuzzi though,” Pepe answered inching his chair closer over to Lisa.

“Whoa you mean Camilla? You so have to tell us that story. We know her very well. Cami won’t tell us what happened thou….ouch!” Christy rubbed her shin where Lisa kicked her.

“Si, Si I will tells chou. Only if you take Pepe along. I heard chou last night. I want to come too. I can tell jokes. See…Wocka Wocka okay. What are Santa’s favorite gardening tools? Hoe Hoe and Hoe okay!” Pepe said doing a little tap dance. He waited for a moment as neither of the girls laughed.

“You better leave comedy to the bears. You’d have to ask Kermit when he got up but I bet you could come along.” Christy said sipping her coffee.

Pepe sighed and told them the story. Years ago The Great Gonzo worked as a plumber traveling around with his girlfriend Camilla. He dreamed of going to Bombay, India to become a famous movie star. One day an elderly rich man befriended the blue nosed weirdo and left him all his money upon his death. This provided enough money for Gonzo to travel to India. However, there wasn’t enough for Camilla to go also. Gonzo promised her that once he’d make it big he’d return to the United States and marry her. Years passed and Gonzo became more and more successful in India and more drunk on fame and wealth. By the time he made the move to US Camilla was a distant thought. One day Camilla came to Hollywood in an attempt to see Gonzo. However she was turned away and Gonzo didn’t even recognize her.

By this time the girls were in tears over Camilla’s sad story. From behind them someone cleared their throat. The boys were awake and a general mess. Lisa and Christy started laughing hysterically. Pepe jokingly asked Steve to dinner between snickers. After promising to get them back someday they boys trudged upstairs to clean up. Dr. Teeth got himself a cup of coffee with his shoulders still shaking and joined the others.

“Say Dr. Teeth. I was just wondering. Where are the others? I remember something that kept yelling ‘Woman’ at me and a couple that seemed pretty close, and a really quiet one,” Christy asked refilling the cups with more coffee.

“You’re right. There was more than just me. For a few years we stayed together kept trying to make it big. Then Janice suddenly wants to quit. She was really secretive about why. Wouldn’t tell the rest of us a thing. Unfortunately we all got mad really mad and started fighting. I’m not sure why we’re not even speaking to each other now. Well that’s been about five years ago now. I’d love to see the guys again. Say I’m sorry. We belong together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. I miss playing my music,” Dr. Teeth let out a heavy sigh as the boys came in for the last little bit.

“Hey boss? Wouldn’t we need a band for the show?” Scooter suggested.

“Well…a band would be great. Especially if we’re going to do a stage show reminiscent of the old Vaudville shows with a Variety show kick. Dr. Teeth would you like to come with us? We have the time to go off and find the others and reuniting the band before heading to Chicago. We could really use the help,” Kermit leaned forward suggesting.

Everyone waited with baited breath as Dr. Teeth looked down deep in thought. After a few moments he looked up. For the first time in five years he smiled his trademark smile flashing his gold tooth, “Zoot and Lips are in Memphis…playing on Beale Street.”

Lisa squealed running over hugging Dr. Teeth hopping. The others cheered right along. They set to work shutting down shop and cleaning up. Dr. Teeth placed a sign on the door and locked up. The others were already on the bus leaving Christyb waiting for him just outside the bus’s door. Without a word she tossed the keys to him.

“What are these for?” Dr. Teeth stared down at the keys.

Christy grinned leaning against the bus, “Don’t you remember? The bus goes back to the band if ever they should need once again.”

Dr. Teeth looked at her then back to the keys. Finally he smiled, “All right. Hop in.”

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Gonna get the band back together! It's like Muppets meet Blues Brothers! LOVE it.

Gonzo abandoned Camilla? Heartless weirdo.