Avenue Q Politcal Puppets Perform in Times Square

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
This morning on Good Morning America they announced that Rick Lyon and another young lady (sorry, still researching who she was) will be performing their George W. Bush and John Kerry puppets in Times Square at 1pm today (Thursday, September 30). The two puppets were featured on Good Morning America in a mock political debate. Quite funny stuff. Rick did an excellent job as Bush and I'm quite impressed with the female's Kerry. The puppets are also very nice facsimiles.

So, if you're in the New York area, head to Times Square this afternoon and check out the political debate Avenue Q style.

Also of note, check out Rick's website, http://www.lyonpuppets.com/ for a very cool photo of Frank Oz when he visited the cast of Avenue Q. (Look under "Latest Updates")

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Would that young lady be Stephanie D'Abruzzo? Or Jennifer Barnhart?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
it was jen , shes a greta performer, and puppeteer, glad to see her getting more exposure, :smile:

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Is there any video/pics/whatever of this event? Wish I could have gone... being over the pond has its downfalls.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's awesome that Jen seems to be doing a little more and getting more media exposure. She's great.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing up who the female performer was. Interestingly, Jennifer Barnhart has recently been added to the Avenue Q cast list on their website. She wasn't there when I originally posted this thread, which is why I couldn't figure out exactly who she was.

Also, thanks to Convincing John for posting a link to the story. It's so nice to know that you guys will always step in to help a partially informed person out. :wink:

I promise to pay closer attention next time. :zany:

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Convicing John... sorry it was either John or something else... so you got CJ instead! ;-)