Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a while - i thought MR was kinda grouped with Cards Inc when it was sold to Corgi so i hope all is well going onwards after the Hornby sale.

I'm also anxiously waiting to buy Fozzie - i have no pre-conceptions about how the line is doing, whats coming after etc etc. I think taking one at a time is the right approach and hope we do see da Bear in all his glory (after they work out those factory kinks). I'm not bothered about who can pre-order him first, what country or how many they say they will have - any website can take pre-orders without having any official confirmation so it doesn't mean anything until Fozzie is actually ready for release. I was very impressed with Animal, it would be lovely to have da Foz!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Cards Inc has already been sold out of the Corgi Group, so I wonder how that will impact Fozzie's Pre Order and what they will be shipped?

Luke

Reaction score
Well from what i now gather it seems Popco Distribution is now handling Master Replicas customer service and sales, so it looks very much like they have bought Master Replicas along with Cards Inc, and that Hornby only aquired the modelling side of Corgi. I'm not sure what this means for the Muppets or whether the company is still going to be operating as usual, nobody can really say till we hear something official, but fingers crossed.

www.popcoltd.com

muppetperson

Reaction score
I read that a Company called Esdevium bought cards,Inc. and will continue under the popco distribution, but they dont own Master replicas.The Company Corgi own them, but will change their name as the corgi diecast brand(As opposed to the Corgi company) have been sold to Hornby.

Luke

Reaction score
I had a quick search around and it seems Cards Inc is going to be operating jointly under both the Esdevium name (for trading cards, stickers) and the Popco name (for pop culture items). It seems Master Replicas are now being handled by this PopCo, which on looking at it again is/was a division of Corgi, unless that was sold with Cards Inc and is now a part of Esdevium. So it's not really clear whether Master Replicas is still part of Corgi, or part of this new company.

It's all very confusing, on going to www.cardsinc.com you get directed to both Esdevium and Popco.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Esdevium got popco.Where do you see that they are running Master Replicas?They might have distribution rights of Master Replica products, but dont own them.

Luke

Reaction score
Master Replicas have changed their contact/customer service numbers to Popco

muppetperson

Reaction score
just went to the MR website and they still seem to have the same phone number.Maybe it is different in England?

Luke

Reaction score
It hasn't been changed on the main site yet, its been announced in their forum by customer services, though it seems nobody there noticed the number is for PopCo.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks, Luke.Well there you have it.Esdevium now own Master Replicas.Still very strange because nothing was mentioned that Esdevium also got Master Replicas when they got Cards Inc and popco!So does that mean that now nothing is left of the original Corgi company?

Status
Not open for further replies.