Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL. It's funny that the miscalculation would have left 2 spots instead of one so that way you could have had your rats and penguins. :zany: I don't really think extra rats or a headmaster Sam would be Christmassy enough for the set, but there's always room for more penguins.

I actually hope that Bean Bunny comes out in the regular line with a low-articulation penguin pack-in. I know pack-ins can be expensive, but all they'd really need to articulate is the head. You know, they could also make a chase repaint of Bean's scarf and sweater and include a repaint of the penguin. That would make it even more of a hot item. :excited:

WiGgY

Reaction score
It's not the articulation that makes it expensive, it's the approval process, or at least that's what Ken said. :zany: :zany: :zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually, with the penguins it would be the license. :zany: But articulated figures are more expensive to make than accessories. That has been said since day one a year and a half ago. The approval process is grueling, but I doubt that would be the issue with the Muppet penguin unless they were worried about distinguishing it from penguins from other projects. The expense of scuplts (as opposed to a piano design) is actually a lot greater.:attitude:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL. It's funny that the miscalculation would have left 2 spots instead of one so that way you could have had your rats and penguins. I don't really think extra rats or a headmaster Sam would be Christmassy enough for the set, but there's always room for more penguins.
Yes I was thinking about that with my miscalculation, I think I also felt that when you said "If they were to fill 6 slots for MCC next year: Gonzo & Rizzo (connected), Kratchit Piggy, Bean Bunny, Beaker and Bunsen, that leaves one open spot. " I felt like I forgot one but then you mention about what I said about more penguins.

maybe some female penguins this time with the bonnets on their heads, the one's coming out now look like males.

The more penguins the better, :zany: :zany: :zany: Yes your right, Sam and the rats migth seem out of place for someone who is buying a chirstmas muppet set rather then takening it as all the main muppets from that movie.

zack

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
With the rats, I would love to see some sort or 2 or 3 pack regular-sized rat set with their kitchen supplies from Manhattan. If they can make an MTI Gonzo/Rizzo set, (as was discussed earlier in the thread) then surely they can make one figure pack with some kitchen rats. I was just thinking about that.:smile: (Using Kermit because there is no Rizzo or rat smiley)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
WiGgY, about the collector's club...
There might be an E-mail message buried inside your junkmail folder giving you the link to activate your club membership. Ignore the message you get on the screen log-in process, since you already paid the amount necessary for a 1-year membership. We're all still waiting for the bugs to be worked out of the "Collector's Club" pages over at Palisades for that little glitch to be gone and done with. Hope this helps and have a good day.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ken, could you tell us, which if any of the figures shown at Toy Fair are being reworked or tweaked, and if so, how?

All of them. They get tweaked until the last possible second, and because of that I really can't lock down one or two specific things for you.

Ken I was just wondering did you guys intentionally start out to make the EM Band members the repainted figures? WWE Dr. Teeth, Blue Floyd, Red Zoot, Tour Animal, Repaint Janice. I just realized it today and wondered if it were merely strange luck.

It really was kind of a strange luck. One year prior to WW East, we had a variant repaint of a Soldier Zombie, from Resident Evil, at the Chicago Wizard World. At that time we had 500 pieces. We STILL have stock of that figure! Argh! Anyway, so for Philly, we figured why not make 500 for that smaller show, of Teeth repainted, then have plenty left over to sell the rest of the year.

None of us knew at the time that Muppets would be as big as it is. We hadn't released any of Series 1 yet. Well, the doors opened on Philly and the lines started forming we basically burned through most of our Daily allocations of product early. It was such a surprise hit we decided to repaint the rest of the band.

Luke

Reaction score
I'd love a Penguin pack-in - an exact version of the one in my old Britney signature image would be cool. The PVC Penguins looked fantastic, the zany expressions are spot on and they've managed to get that 'Muppet Penguin' look that sets them apart from regular ones.

I didn't think the problem with the penguins is the license, i thought it was the cost of actually doing a properly sculpted charcater because they have to pay the sculptor, painter, do a prototype etc etc. I thought once they buy the license, they can do whichever and however many charcaters they like without paying any seperate fee's. It seems to have been asumed somewhere along the line they are paying a percentage for each character they do - is that true ? I wasn't aware of that - seems strange if so.

I have more to say on Tutu Pepe, but for now if Nate is so worried about being able to get his Pepe into compromising positions, heck, i'll put down my Britney doll and go over there and do the Pirouhette's for him myself !!!!

:zany:

Fozzie

Reaction score
:confused:When is the Kitchen with Swedish Chef going to ship?:confused:

Fozzie

Reaction score
Also, Are there any plans to make guests from the show or human characters from the movies?:confused: