1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Some schools (such as mine) have school through half of June.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Sucks to be you guys, I guess.
  3. APRena

APRena New Member

We're getting out JUNE FIRST this year! This is awesome news, because school lasted until the 17th last year. Stupid snow. What I do not understand is that Memorial day is the 31st, but we still have to come back on the 1st for 2 hours or something, instead of getting out the 28th.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Snow days? And regionally, Kids don't end school until midway through June. Our kids don't get out of school until about June 20th on average.

There is one other thing I wanna mention:

The book that Mr. Crosswire gets for his birthday from Bailey? it's a play... I had to read it once... and lemme just tell you...Samuel freaking Beckett... You might as well be reading it in Greek... or another language with different characters and letters than English. Made no dang sense to me.
    But what a great hidden joke ti go over kid's heads.
  5. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Does anyone find it annoying when Brain starts being a know-it-all? Like whenever they're watching a TV show or reading a book, Brain starts mentioning how every little detail is so illogical. And when someone writes a story, Brain ruins it by telling them the mistakes they made like animals can't talk or use tools and how the calculations to do something are wrong. Also when just talking regularly with friends and family, Brain usually tries to correct everyone's grammar.
  6. D'Snowth

You mean that episode where Francine calls Brain a pest, and then he has a dream sequence where he's a bug, and everyone at school is out to get him because he's a bug - figuratively AND literally? That was actually one of my favorites, I don't know why... but one of my favorite quotes from that episode...

ARTHUR: Everybody can be annoying sometimes... Muffy's a show-off, Binky can be a bully, Buster eats my desserts when I'm not looking...
    BUSTER: Huh? Well, what about Francine? She can be a real big mouth.
    FRANCINE: WHAT? ! WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' A BIG MOUTH? !
    BRAIN: I guess you're right...
    FRANCINE: (Screaming) I AM NOT A BIG MOUTH! ! !
  7. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Yep, that was the episode. Brain even told his own mother that she shouldn't end her sentence with a preposition.

There was also an episode where Buster was sick of Brain always being right. So he kept asking Brain these non-stop questions about math and countries hoping he'd get at least one answer wrong.

Also when Mr. Ratburn gives the class really impossible tests, Brain becomes very happy and excited.
  8. D'Snowth

You know, I know never to take video comments seriously, but after reading some of the comments on "Arthur's Knee" on YT... now I'm going to have disturbing images in my mind whenever I watch that episode now.
  9. APRena

APRena New Member

Curiosity killed the cat...

WHY is it that people take innocent kids' shows and make them all sick and twisted? NO puppet is gay, and obviously that wasn't meant like THAT...
  10. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

I can't believe the nerve of some people to do that. :mad:
  11. D'Snowth

Because they all got nothing better to do, and they're really nothing but a bunch of pervs.

I mean, I can usually take things like this with a grain of salt..., but this, I mean COME ON!
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I used to watch Arthur way back when i used to get out of High School and my first job and all. But then i don't know? It might have been that i started seeing re-runs and thought well i guess theres not any new episodes. Then i started seeing the Buster spin off and thought this isn't all that great. Where's all the other characters?

I couldn't stand 30 minutes of just Buster. I had to have all the characters and not just Buster. So then i kinda then stopped watching Arthur all together. I then started seeing the in-between stuff like the commericals for certain shows and saw the Arthur show like something new i hadn't seen. But i stll don't watch. I don't know? I guess it could be that i kinda started watching other shows like Sid, Dinosaurtrain and The New Electric Company.

But i can still remember my favorite episode of all time. The one with Mr. Rogers. That was awsome to see Mr. Rogers on Arthur and then seeing Arthur on Mr. Rogers too. But i still have a place in my heart for Authur. I still enjoy reading the books that first came out.
  13. D'Snowth

Oh yeah, the Mr. Rogers episode was a classic. Really great message he gave to Arthur too about how real friends don't make fun of real friends, because Arthur was so worried that if the other kids in class found out Mr. Rogers was staying with them, they'd tease him for "being baby" (as kids are after Grade 2 if they incorporate such things into a conversation); and even in the end, they didn't make fun of him, but rather asked him if he did the same things he does on TV (take off his shoes, put on his sweaters, etc).

That also reminds me of that episode with the Teletubby-esque ducks that Arthur got hooked on because bright happy colors, and soothing music and absurdity of the whole show was eye-catching, and pretty soon the whole school was watching, despite it being a "baby show". But then again, that's how the Teletubbies were in real life - I was in Grade 3 when Teletubbies hit PBS, and even though it was targetted at little tykes, everyone in my class was talking about it... because it really did have that affect on us - the bright colors, the funny sounds, the soothing music... it was almost hypnotic... kind of like what Pufnstuf and most other Krofft shows did for college kids and adults back in the 70s.
  14. D'Snowth

After rewatching "Elwood City Turns 100", I only have to ask this...

Did anyone else besides me think the intermission with Arthur, Buster, Brain and Muffy on Larry King was one of the most random things they ever did on the show?
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! It threw me off the first time I saw it! but that was kind of an unusual episode.
  16. D'Snowth

I liked that whole running gag about Mr. Ratburn reliving his ruined college puppet show.

"Curtain! CURTAIN!"
  17. D'Snowth

Has anyone besides me noticed that in reruns, they always wear out the bad episodes/seasons, and rarely rerun the good episodes/seasons anymore?

Seasons Five, Six, and Nine through now are ALWAYS in reruns, but it's like they don't even care about Seasons One through Four or Seven and Eight anymore.
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I still watch arthur every morning before school (nothing else really on anyway). While some recent episodes are kinda awkward to watch (I hate the Pal and Kate episodes), I still enjoy them. Though, I absolutly hate Nadines new voice.

I wish they would show that episode where Buster wants to hang out with the bullies and agrees to do all those dare more often.

And I always thought Muffy was a hippo...
  19. D'Snowth

Same here, lol.
    I'm usually good to notice new voices, but I didn't notice Nadine had a new episode, but like previously discussed, Nadine seems to be kind of phased out, indicating D.W. doesn't always need her anymore.
    I loved how Buster was trying to use gutter slang, but was using the wrong words - "Yo, me and my homefry here wanna hang with your possum!"
    Well, her ego's as big as one, lol.

Welcome back, BTW.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Those weird Teeth... I assure you, she some kinds monkey. She's always been like that since the book "The True Francine." I've noticed that she hasn't had those odd hippo teeth for some time.. maybe even since first season.

I think they have some sort of itinerary for reruns. Every year they put different episodes into repeating rotation... they don't show every episode every year... they clearly put certain seasons to rerun on a yearly basis. Sometimes not even the whole season. As much as I loved the first season, I don't really care much to see it again... I've seen it so many times. Why, when the show first premiered, I watched every episode they aired in a day when I was able.