Any Three Stooges Fans?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I've always have watch them all the time. The best time I ever watch them was when AMC did the marathons on New Years Eve. That was cool. I hope they do it agains sometime in this year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Shemp has his moments, but Curly-Joe was atrocious. Even the Three Stooges cartoons suffer his lack of personality.

Actually, Curly Joe, I'd say he was OK, at least compaired to Joe Besser. He just didn't want to be there, and it showed! I watched 2 of them, and it seemed more like the 2 Stooges with Joe Besser. he was always off doing his own thing, he didn't get involved with much of the slapstick, and the other stooges didn't like him. In fact, Moe had to put all his abuse on Larry to make up for it. I'm bad with titles, but there was a remake of a Curly episode with Joe. There was no point in making it. It's the one where Moe has a stress disorder, and to take a break and relax, they bring him to a cabin in the woods, and a Bear eats all their food. All the abuse Moe did to Curly in the original was now gien to Larry. It's like he had to pull double duty on these ones.

But Shemp? I didn't like him much at first, but after a while, I think he's my close second favorite with Curly.

Speaking of remakes of Curly, did anyone notice that episode where Shemp, Moe, and Larry own a diner (I can't remember it much)? When they were settling down to have clam chowdah, Moe did Curly's exact bit? A nice little tribute to him, I think.

Princeton

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I'm bad with titles, but there was a remake of a Curly episode with Joe. There was no point in making it. It's the one where Moe has a stress disorder, and to take a break and relax, they bring him to a cabin in the woods, and a Bear eats all their food.
Not to worry, I'm an expert on the titles:

-Curly version: Idiots Deluxe
-Joe version: Guns A-Poppin'

Teheheman

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the 3 Stooges. THOSE were the days of comedy. They rank in my top 5 groups of comedy ever. Right behind the Marx Brothers.

Daniel

Tim

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember seeing them perform on TV with Curly-Joe when they were all still alive, and seeing their cartoon show on Saturday mornings first-run. When they would be on a game or talk show and hit one another, there were no sound effects-that's how I learned it was all fake.

I love Curly, but to be honest I'm a Shemp man myself but I really enjoy Moe. Curly was the better Stooge, but Shemp was a MUCH better comic actor. If he had worked alone and lived longer he probably would have had his own TV show. He also worked away from the Stooges more than Moe, Larry or Curly did. You can see him in films with Abbott & Costello and W.C. Fields.

I have a copy of some of their record albums (including "Swingin' The Alphabet"), and their TV pilot "Jerks of All Trades" with Shemp and the last thing they did together "Kook's Tour" with Curly-Joe, but my favorite short is "A Pain In The Pullman". I just heard about the "ulitmate" Stooge video collection of all their stuff in one, huge boxed set.

STOOGES RULE!

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
I LOVE THE STOOGES!!!! I have 14 Stooge DVD's and 4 Stooge Books.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i love the stooges i think they will live on for ever!!! curly for president!!!!!wo wo lol i wish kermit would run for president to though.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Die-hard, hardcore Stooges fan here!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Shemp man myself. Two of my favorite Shemp shorts (among others) are Brideless Groom, the one where Shemp has to marry to collect a fortune, and Goof on the Roof, in which the Stooges decide to surprise a friend by trying to install a brand-new TV set in his house.

Also (of course) love the Curly years: Men In Black, the only Stooges short nominated for an Academy Award, in which the boys wreck havoc in a hospital (they graduated from med school because they "had the highest temperatures in their class"), and the two Hitler lampoons, You Nazty Spy! and I'll Never Heil Again, with Moe as Moe Hailstone, dictator of Moronica.

"Moronica for morons!"

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
My all time favorite short has to be either 3 little pirates with the Maharaja sketch or Gents without Cents where the Niagra falls sketch came from.