Any Museums Dedicated to the Muppets?

peyjenk

Reaction score
Aah, Leland. As Gonzo says, "I'm going to go back there someday."

And as muppetperson said, the Center for the Puppetry Arts in Atlanta is wonderful. Of course, that's not on the west coast, but wouldn't you rather go to Georgia than California anyway? :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We are going to New York City in October and I was wondering if it was worth it to visit the Museum of Television and Radio - is there a lot of Henson stuff there? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance!:big_grin:
I would definitely recommend visiting! The Museum isn't built like a regular museum where there's exhibits to see and all. It's main feature is it's HUGE video library that you can watch while you're there. And there's a ton of rare Muppet TV appearances.

Just to avoid confusion, it's now called The Paley Center for Media, but it's still the same place. :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I would definitely recommend visiting! The Museum isn't built like a regular museum where there's exhibits to see and all. It's main feature is it's HUGE video library that you can watch while you're there. And there's a ton of rare Muppet TV appearances.

Just to avoid confusion, it's now called The Paley Center for Media, but it's still the same place. :smile:
wow that is so cool to know about the muppet things there at that musum wow i had been wanting to vist that place for some other tv things that i have been wanting to watch . wow cool i really don't want to miss the muppet stuff when i get to go i am going to make sure i stay a good long while thanks for the info i so ecited :excited::excited:

wilson

Reaction score
New poster and lifelong Muppets fan and Atlantan here. Convenient with regard to my question:
Any Center for Puppetry Arts members out there? I have a birthday coming up, and I'm contemplating asking for a membership so I can get in on the growing Muppets stuff there ahead of the opening of the new facility (a long way off, I know) and the upcoming Muppet Movie singalong event. Anyone else going?