Any Museums Dedicated to the Muppets?

Belen Gimenez

Reaction score
I'm travelling to the west coast next month and I would like to know if there is a muppets museum over there?

Thanx!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Dont think there is much on the West Coast, even though that is where their offices are.
There is more on the East Coast with the Smithonian in Washington, And the birth place of the frog in Leyland, Missippi.But you should really make the trip to Center For Puppetry Arts, in Atlanta Georgia, as that is the best museum for muppet displays.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There's the Paley Center for Media (formerly The Museum of TV and Radio) in Los Angeles, it has a ton of Muppet appearances on TV through the years.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There's also a Jim Henson Museum down in Mississppi where he's from though I can't remember the name of the town.

muppet baby

Reaction score
There's also a Jim Henson Museum down in Mississppi where he's from though I can't remember the name of the town.
Wow that is really cool to know if i ever get to that part or the country i am difantly going to go to that .:smile::excited: wow cool if u know the name of the town and museum please let us know

muppetperson

Reaction score
it is Leyland, as myself and Super Scooter have mentioned.

muppet baby

Reaction score
it is Leyland, as myself and Super Scooter have mentioned.
ok thanks so much sorry that i missed that on the other posts:embarrassed:i am so glad to know anyway so i can keep in mind when i travel i can't wait :excited:

lynngarcia

Reaction score
Going to NYC...Museum of tv and radio

We are going to New York City in October and I was wondering if it was worth it to visit the Museum of Television and Radio - is there a lot of Henson stuff there? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance!:big_grin:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am not sure, but it would still be worth a trip there plus Washington isnt to far away to visit the Smithonian.