Any hopes of Fraggle Rock on Blue-ray?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Then you didn't watch an image upscale - just a DVD on an HDTV. You're certainly speaking of something entirely different in that you are confusing a television with a playing device attachment. There’s no image upgrade – just a larger scale. It’s comparing apples and watermelons rather than a question of opinion.

It's nice to have options even if you don't use them. Most things will likely go Blu (or provide the same sorts of features and services in the future). To be interested in Blu-ray discs one must first have plans for a Blu-ray player. It doesn't appear you are interested in either but that really wasn't the topic of this thread - the likelihood and outcome of a FR Blu-ray release.

So, recap - FR the series won't likely come to Blu-ray. FR the movie will likely come to the format once it hits theaters and home video. There are advantages to Blu-ray that don't only involve picture quality. This includes everything from advanced picture-in-picture to better ease in navigating through an episode and knowing the place you are in the story.

On an added note - the big talk has really been on Labyrinth and Dark Crystal coming to Blu-ray first. Both titles are released through Sony (which also owns the Blu-ray platform). Personally I'd like to see all of the Muppet, Sesame and fantasy films hit Blu first before the television stuff. It makes a little more sense.
All I know is that my player itself is HD, things do normally look better on it than a normal player:smile:.
Anyway, movies do make more sense...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
All I know is that my player itself is HD, things do normally look better on it than a normal player:smile:.
Anyway, movies do make more sense...
There is no HD player aside from Blu-ray or HDDVD (now defunct and did not provide upscaling) so it's not clear what your talking about. Nonetheless, this thread is about Fraggle Rock and Blu-ray. I keep trying to get it back to that topic, but these responses seem vague and random.

Redsonga

Reaction score
If FR is put on Blu-ray it might just be season four to save money as that is the season that is most wanted, then they might be able to rope people into buying the rest to have 'a matching set'.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
If FR is put on Blu-ray it might just be season four to save money as that is the season that is most wanted, then they might be able to rope people into buying the rest to have 'a matching set'.
If that was the idea, than they would probably just release the whole series on Blue Ray in one complete package as they did for DVD, and the whole series DVD set cost a "pretty penny" so a complete series of Fraggle Rock Blue Ray sounds like it would cost a whole lot. Plus as mention, there isn't a whole lot Blue Ray can do for the old Fraggle footage.

I don't think there is really much of a demand for Fraggle Rock on Blue Ray, I don't see it happening.

Redsonga

Reaction score
As it is we are not even done with the normal DVD demand yet, so it does seem a little bit early to be worried about jumping to another format :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
You know that is probably true i mean having season 4 on blu ray frist and then go backward 3 2 1 LOL .

i can not wait Fraggle Rock is a classic , so it may be some years off though so they can make sure that it is done right .

i know that at some point , you know that older things like fraggle rock don't look perfect on Blu Ray i mean i have had that happen with some movies that my dad got from the 60s that wher on Blu ray but some of it was clear . All we can do is wait and see i guess . LOL i hope that blu ray will come out for this show and all henson things . it is classic and everything is going to move to Blu ray as part of the HD converion as least that is what i have heard :excited: so far i really like blu ray dvd still though has great things to still for movies so much better than VHS .

Andibcool

Reaction score
Oh blue ray DVDs something that i dont really miss so far.
Sure the picture quality is better Ddue higher resolution and bigger storrage datatransfer rates if done right.

The biggest problem i have with blue ray is the disks are way more expensive over here for the only little better picture.
Not to mention without a good Full HD flatscreen you wont notice much better picture on an old tv.

As for old serries blue ray wont do much for em anyway, because Most are not filmed for this high resulutions or the masters are bad. Like for Fraggle Rock on videotape you dont have much options for a better picture. Its a whole other thing if u have it on film.
Most old TV shows would look more worse in higher resulutions unless you remaster them and even then its not guranteed to look better.

Dont know how it is in the US but here in germany blue ray disk cost often ( much ) more then the normal DVD.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
The biggest problem i have with blue ray is the disks are way more expensive over here for the only little better picture.
That's most certainly a problem over here in the US as well. No one is buying BR discs because of the price and, with the ongoing recession, sales of even standard DVDs are down significantly.

This article sums up 2008 US disc sales pretty well: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/123584