Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hades: Didn't you leave it next to those cute and fuzzy bunnies? What shmucks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Barring the obvious fact they already did a live action Jungle Book film in the 90's, I wanna see proof if this is going to be a direct remake of the animated version and not just a live action Jungle Book re-imagining. Sounds far more like the latter, and that gets into the tricky question of is it really a remake if the film existed as a book before. I don't really count retelling a story as a film remake. Besides, the Disney Jungle Book didn't exactly follow the original Rudyard Kipling story.

If anything, Disney would be wise to keep the budget relatively low, especially after the lack of success on Lone Ranger's part. Disney can get a big blockbuster franchise every so often, but other than POTC and National Treasure, they haven't had one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... here's something that does make this film sound stupid. Apparently Warner Bros wants to make a Jungle Book movie as well.

Oh, and BTW, there is no way this could be a remake of the cartoon version. Unless they change the name and voice of a certain orangutang. Sour old widow ruined it for everyone.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Okay... here's something that does make this film sound stupid. Apparently Warner Bros wants to make a Jungle Book movie as well.

Oh, and BTW, there is no way this could be a remake of the cartoon version. Unless they change the name and voice of a certain orangutang. Sour old widow ruined it for everyone.
When my class read the poem "Gunga Din" by Rudyard Kipling, we learned that The Jungle Book was not an original idea for a Disney movie, but a story that Rudyard Kipling also wrote, so my guess would be that WB's The Jungle Book movie be more closely related to the source material than the Disney version.
When I was at Target a few days ago, one of the monitors in the DVD section played an ad for the Oogieloves movie on it, that said that it would come to the store on July 16, 2013, so I was right about the wide release of the DVD I posted about back on page 19. The trailer shown was different from the 2 theatrical ones (Trailer one had Toofie talking about the movie, and trailer 2 had the song "Starships" in it and beings with text that reads "This year...one movie event...will change everything..." and had the song "Starships" by Nicki Minaj in it, and some new clips were added, like Toofie getting the first balloon. I knew that they would release it to all retail stores soon due to it's popularity. Maybe Lionsgate saw how well The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure was selling at Wal-Mart and on iTunes, and decided to release the DVS to all stores nationwide.
Also, while looking for news about the Oogieloves, I found the summary for the next Oogieloves movie, The Oogieloves In The Big Family Adventure!
Kenn Viselmann said:
The Oogieloves are back, and wherever Goobie, Zoozie and Toofie go, there's sure to be a BIG adventure. It's summer, the perfect time for a road trip. When Goobie, Zoozie, Toofie and Schluufy all want to go to different places, J. Edgar suggests they go everywhere on the list. With the help of their magical van, the Love Mobile, our friends travel to the Glowing Rock of Funny Fields, Peter Piggly's Party Palace, and to the farthest regions of LovelyLoveville in search of the Rainbow Forest. They meet many new friends along the way on their BIG Family Adventure.
So basically, the Oogieloves go on vacation in the sequel to places with rather bizarre names? Also, one website said that the Big Family Adventure movie was supposed to come out this year, but like Dino Time and The Little Mermaid 3D, it was delayed, possibly because it wasn't completed yet. What does everyone else think of the Oogieloves sequel's summary? And keep in mind that this was the one they planned on making money on, so expect tie-ins for this movie to come soon...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anything that could be said about either Jungle Book movie is nothing more than speculation at this point. I severely doubt Disney or WB would do anything as far removed from the book as the cartoon. But book movies are never completely accurate anyway. Some things are moved around or changed completely to fit the context of a theatrical story. Walt Disney said, throw the book away when he made that movie. While I usually complain about accuracy in film, I can't accuse Walt's crew of making a bad movie as a result. Quite the contrary, it's one of my favorite Disney films.

The Count did bring something up, as it's the screen writer from a humongously stupid film.... I know Capcom loves Street Fighter, and won't keep shoving Street Fighter in our face (they kinda made Disney replace their own Dr. Wily with M.Bison in the Villains Anonymous sequence in Wreck it Ralph because they think everyone hates Mega Man that much)... but why did they agree to making another live action film (the Chun Li one) when the last film was terrible? Sure, it was a so bad it's good kinda terrible, and it was Raoul Julia going off with the hammiest bang possible before he died (which actually gives a sweet backstory for the film). But for some reason, the darker, edgier film was worse and not even fun worse. Hollywood's usual sort of Asian looking not Asian person playing an Asian (they waited until the Last Airbender movie to complain about that?) The movie was even less accurate than the games. And it was just terrible all over. Hopefully this person's Jungle Book is far better.

And as for the Oogieloves...

The Oogieloves are back, and wherever Goobie, Zoozie and Toofie go, there's sure to be a BIG adventure. It's summer, the perfect time for a road trip. When Goobie, Zoozie, Toofie and Schluufy all want to go to different places, J. Edgar suggests they go everywhere on the list. With the help of their magical van, the Love Mobile, our friends travel to the Glowing Rock of Funny Fields, Peter Piggly's Party Palace, and to the farthest regions of LovelyLoveville in search of the Rainbow Forest. They meet many new friends along the way on their BIG Family Adventure.
I'm sorry, but that sounds so insane, it sounds like a parody. And this thing is dead serious. Really... I suppose you could take the Oogieloves as a joke, as over the top annoyingly cloying as it is.

robodog

Reaction score
Why do they still think these films will make money? As direct to DVD maybe but as a theatrical release? How delusional are these people? Their characters are refugees from a horror show. The content is so cloying and sickly sweet that no one over the age of five could stand to be in the same room as a screen playing the thing. Yes, Barney made tons of money, but Barney didn't look like the type of obscene parody of children's show characters that are usually found in horror stories about children's characters gone wrong the way the Oogieloves do. The characters are just unpleasant to look at. They look like someone painted the costumes used in The Garbage Pail Kids movie different colors and blew them up to human size. The first rule of any successful children's franchise is to make the main characters loveable. These things are hideous. They didn't even wait until they wrote the script to make it horrible. They did that when they designed the ugly things. They screwed the concept up before it ever got started. And yet they can't take the hint, cut their losses and quietly take their monstrosities out behind the shed and put a bullet through their hideous misshapen skulls so as to put them out of our misery.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it's firmly been established that Ken Viselmann has humongous delusions of grandeur. I doubt he'd be gol'durn fool enough to give this another theatrical release...ah, who am I kidding? I'm sure he is that gol'durn stupid and more. The obliviousness on this guy rivals Inspector Gadget and Hong Kong Phooey combined.

robodog

Reaction score
Comparing him to Inspector Gadget and Hong Kong Phooey is unfair. They were both incompetent but through help from outside sources or sheer dumb luck they usually got stuff done. But making those Oogieloves popular would even be beyond Spot, Penny and Brain's capabilities. The only way he could ever make those things popular is if he sold his soul to the devil. But even the devil wouldn't be twisted enough to flood the world with the Oogieloves' nightmarish visages. Even evil has standards after all. Then again anyone who would try to force those horrors down the throats of the public probably doesn't have much of a soul to sell anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So wait: is there seriously an Oogieloves sequel in the works, or are you guys in sarcasm mode overload?

robodog

Reaction score
They should make the sequel "The Oogieloves go to ****" They'd probably make a fortune on that concept. Who wouldn't want to see those abominations tossed into the fiery pits, screaming in agony as the flames burn their horrible rainbow colored flesh from their bones? And then, once they hit bottom the real tortures start. It'd make more money than Avatar!