And the new retailer is...... ?

Baby Animal

Reaction score
SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm already in trouble in the Other Topics thread at Palisades!!!!! I'm gonna have to go hide at the Weird Al Forum if it gets to bad....

Tony

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*ducks down* ok

Sarah

I just joined the weird al forum 5 minutes ago...hehe

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That particular store isn't in this city. I'd have to get a friend to drive me, but it's not that bad. I hope they have them online too. :eek:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think Target is a great idea! they are like all over where I live! I hope they sell well there!

Zack)Rowlf the, put on a happy face! :smile: oh wait that's Walmarts logo song....Dog. :smirk:

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
Now, refresh my memory...will Target be getting the figures (and exclusive) around the same time as other distributors or do I remember something being said about how the "new retailer" will be getting its supply well after other retailers?

Jim

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
I think Target is a great idea
ZACK!!!!!!! You weren't 'spose to say that!!!! AHHH!! Who let the cat out? Zack the Dog! :wink:

:halo:

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Well I guess we can freely discuss this without guilt now :wink:

If you are familiar with Target, you may know that they "reset" their toy section twice a year, once before summer and once before Christmas, with smaller resets occuring in the other seasons. Most likely since they got this deal, they may get the figures soon, but wont shelve them until their reset occurs. I imagine this will get a good deal of shelf presence, and probably be arranged closely to Simpsons and McFarlane toys, the collectible toys with a higher average target age group. Palisades said some of the toys are already on their way from China, so expect them to hit the typical sellers within a few week (3-4 maybe?). Target will also be doing their resets very soon, as they are just about finished resetting their electronics department. When they reset the toy section, that wont necessarily mean they have the toys though, but they will cut out a section for them. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle line had blank shelf space for about 2 or 3 weeks before they finally got the toys in.

Im hoping with this line, and especially their exclusive (I'll keep it a surprise until someone else mentions it), that Target enforces their collectibles rule: No more than two each of any item (that is, no more than two each of a specific character, not no more than two each of a Muppet figure).

This is definately going to open the proverbial flood gates, and I expect if they catch on at Target, other large retail chains will probably try to follow suit. Funny as it may sound, Target is very much a trendsetter in the retail industry. They were among the first (non toy store chain) to get lines like Simpsons and Sportspicks, as well as others.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
ZACK!!!!!!! You weren't 'spose to say that!!!! AHHH!! Who let the cat out? Zack the Dog!
Cat!?!?! where's the cat!?!cat?!?!

Oh It was already said and everybody already knew, no sence hidding it now...."the new retailer is Target!!":smile: :wink:

Zack,

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
Wookiee, I'm impressed with your Target knowledge!
Do you think that Koozebane Kermit will be arriving at the same time as the other figures?

Jim

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting question! Since it wont ship in the same case assortments, I'd expect the regular assortment to arrive and get shelved first. If Koozebane Kermit has a different DPCI (a Target product number) then he will most likely have his own seperate pegs, which would make it more likely for him to get shelved sooner. If he has the same DPCI, he may not get shelved as soon if the pegs are filled with other Muppet figures.

I would expect him to have his own DPCI though, and probably a peg or two (depending on how many pegs overall they dedicate to Muppets) for Kermit. This would allow them to keep track of that specific figure, since it wont ship with the standard line.

It really depends on how quickly they get out of China I guess. If they piggyback the exclusives right alongside the standard line, we will probably get the exclusive figures the day they shelve the standard line as well.

Your best bet is to go to your local Target and find out when they plan to reset the toy section. Once you find out when, you will get a good idea of when the Muppet figures will make it to the shelves (assuming they are in the stockroom). They reset row by row, so they can usually give you a good approximation of when they will reset a specific row, and when they will put out figures.

If they are in the middle of the reset, they may also go to the back and look for you. Typically this is against Target policy, but when they are reseting the toy area, it is more likely they make go look for you, since everything is in disarray.