Allen Swift, R.I.P.

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

I just heard that veteran voice artist, Allen Swift, died last week at the age of 86. Allen was famous for doing voices for radio and for classic cartoons, including the villains Simon Barsinister and Riff Raff for The Underdog Show. Plus he did certain puppet voices on the Howdy Doody Show and puppet voices for the classic Diver Dan series as well. May you RIP, Mr. Allen Swift. -_-;;

THE ADVENTURES OF BLINKY: Puppet voices
ALICE OF WONDERLAND IN PARIS: Francois, King, Lord High Chamberlin, Narrator
BARPAPPA: Narrator
THE BEAGLES: Scotty, Tubby
THE BLUFFERS: Lots of voices
BURGER KING CARTOON COMMERCIALS FROM THE 70’s: Burger King
CLINT CLOBBER CARTOONS: Clint Clobber
COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG: Additional voices
DIVER DAN: The Captain, Narrator, Additional voices
THE EASTER BUNNY’S COMING TO TOWN: Gadzooks, Newsreel Announcer
THE ENCHANTED WORLD OF DANNY KAYE, THE EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES: Musty
A FAMILY CIRCUS CHRISTMAS: Santa Claus
HOWDY DOODY: Lots of puppet voices, Howdy Doody(substitute voice)
HUGO THE HIPPO: Grown up voices
KING LEONARDO AND HIS SHORT SUBJECTS: Odie Cologne, Itchy Brother, The King and Odie Narrator, Duke, Earl, Tooter Turtle
THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY BOOK 2: Melchior
THE LONGEST DAY: General Dwight D. Eisenhower(looping)
THE MAD, MAD, MAD MONSTERS: The Monster, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man, The Invisible Boy, Dracula, Dracula's, Ron Chanley, Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde, Rosebud
THE MAD MAGAZINE TV SPECIAL: Additional voices
MAD MONSTER PARTY?: Captain, Chef Machiavelli, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Dracula, Felix Flankin, Mailman, Mr. Kronkite, Ship's Mate, The Invisible Man, Yetch
THE NEW CASPER CARTOON SHOW: Additional voices
OBRI: Additional voices
PINOCCHIO’S CHRISTMAS: Fox
RAGGEDY ANN AND ANDY, A MUSICAL ADVENTURE: Maxi-Fixit
SESAME STREET: Melvin the Moving Man Narrator
SLAVE TRADE IN THE WORLD TODAY: Narrator
TOM AND JERRY CARTOONS FROM GENE DEITCH: Clint Clobber, Additional Voices
TOOTER TURTLE: Tooter Turtle
‘TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS: Additional voices
UNDERDOG: Simon Barsinister, Riff Raff, Battyman, Overcat, Captain Marblehead, Gargle, General Brainley, King Cumulus Regulus, King Cup, King Mange,
VEGETABLE SOUP: Additional cartoon voices
VITA HERRING: The Beloved Herring Maven
A WEDDING KNIGHT: Sir Blur, King Arthur
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE(1973): Narrator

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
May he R.I.P. indeed.
You can remove the "?" from Mad Monster Party. I have it on DVD and can confirm that's the title and that Alan Swift provided those character's voices.
Question though... How does The Mad Mad Mad Monsters differ from Mad Monster Party? And also, you listed a character as "Dracula's". Dracula's "what"?

Xerus

Reaction score
May he R.I.P. indeed.
You can remove the "?" from Mad Monster Party. I have it on DVD and can confirm that's the title and that Alan Swift provided those character's voices.
Question though... How does The Mad Mad Mad Monsters differ from Mad Monster Party? And also, you listed a character as "Dracula's". Dracula's "what"?
Sorry, I meant to write, Dracula's son. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Also, can you tell me how I can edit my first post on this page? I need to know so I can remove the question mark and fix that other mistake.

Also, I've never seen Mad Mad Mad Monsters so I can't really tell you. Maybe one day, it'll come my way.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, thanks then.

There should be an "Edit/Delete this post" link at the bottom of your posts. That link is only available up to a certain time period after the post has been made. If it no longer appears, then you'd have to ask a mod in helping you to edit your post.

Yorick

Reaction score
Rip

RIP indeed. What an amazing career!