All Elvis fans should read this...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's celebrated during the week that he died, and many impersonators show up to go to Graceland, and old parents bring their children who were born after he died and they stand around his gravesite and cry and weep, and so do the kids. People from all over the world show up and cry, and hold a candle-light vigil at his Mansion. Like he's some kind of God or Deity of sorts. It's really sickening. Blah.

Beebers

Reaction score
That's Extremely Weird and hilarious.

:big_grin:

So, do sane Memphians just get outta town for the week?

Whatever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
It's celebrated during the week that he died, and many impersonators show up to go to Graceland, and old parents bring their children who were born after he died and they stand around his gravesite and cry and weep, and so do the kids. People from all over the world show up and cry, and hold a candle-light vigil at his Mansion. Like he's some kind of God or Deity of sorts. It's really sickening. Blah.
You forgot to mention that there's nothing else in the paper the entire week..
and bah humbug!

Beebers

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
and old parents bring their children who were born after he died and they stand around his gravesite
I just caught that - I'm one of those Olde Parents! But I don't stand around gravesites of any type whatsoever, with Olde Children or any other sort lol.

*laughing*

The Pelvis expired in what, '77, and Kev-not-Fozzie was born in '83. Olde Parents.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I just caught that - I'm one of those Olde Parents! But I don't stand around gravesites of any type whatsoever, with Olde Children or any other sort lol.

*laughing*

The Pelvis expired in what, '77, and Kev-not-Fozzie was born in '83. Olde Parents.

My Olde Father prefers to bring the Olde Children to hang at the gravesites at Shiloh rather than Graceland. He took us to Graceland once and we refuse to go again. He doesn't pay attention to that. The real reason he doesn't take us again is the expense. He enjoys driving us around Memphis the whole day lecturing us on the sites until everyone in the backseat is asleep. Then he yells at us for not appreciating it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beebers said:
So, do sane Memphians just get outta town for the week?
Who can afford it??

Well, I wasn't meaning you alone. It's just that there are some who do it. Not all.

Whatever's right; they fill the news and newspaper up with all Elvis that whole week. I wish Triumph the Comedic Dog would come down here during that time and make fun of all the Elvis geeks. Trust me, you REALLY need to move here and experience it for several years. It's just bad. Pajama Elvis is someone I saw in a picture. An impersonator who dressed in a pair of pajamas or sweat-suit and badly glued sequins and other stuff all over it.

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
My Olde Father prefers to bring the Olde Children to hang at the gravesites at Shiloh rather than Graceland. He took us to Graceland once and we refuse to go again. He doesn't pay attention to that. The real reason he doesn't take us again is the expense. He enjoys driving us around Memphis the whole day lecturing us on the sites until everyone in the backseat is asleep. Then he yells at us for not appreciating it.
ROFL. omg. ROFL.

:big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Whatever's right; they fill the news and newspaper up with all Elvis that whole week. I wish Triumph the Comedic Dog would come down here during that time and make fun of all the Elvis geeks. Trust me, you REALLY need to move here and experience it for several years. It's just bad. Pajama Elvis is someone I saw in a picture. An impersonator who dressed in a pair of pajamas or sweat-suit and badly glued sequins and other stuff all over it.
This thread is hilarious. Who said dead men don't talk? They obviously do, in Memphis and Vegas.

Whatever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Who can afford it??
I have grandparents in another state. They're my Memphis/Evansville escape route!