Aint It Cool News: Muppets Most Anticipated 2011 Film?

beaker

Reaction score
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47993

It's a rather lengthy article, but with an opening like this, I can't help but smile with glee:smile:

It’s a common question for any movie fan: what’s your most anticipated film for the next year? I think it may be a decent year, too. But that question – the most anticipated film of 2011? Easy. THE MUPPETS. I’m looking forward to that film more than any other. I was a little bummed when they changed the title from THE GREATEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE – and I still think that’s a terrific title – but so what. It’s a new Muppet movie for those of us that grew up on it and to share with our kids. It’s got a great crew behind it – Jason Segel and Nick Stoller wrote the screenplay, and James Bobin (FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS, DA ALI G SHOW) is directing, with many comedic actors involved like Jason Segel and Amy Adams, with rumored appearances by Zach Galafianakis, Ed Helms, Billy Crystal, Ricky Gervais, even a rumored drum-off between Animal and Dave Grohl. Pound for pound, I don’t think it’s going to be matched in humor, at least for me.

I won’t lie – if I ever got to sit down with Kermit the Frog for a one on one, I don’t think I could take it. It would be Bruce Campbell all over again. The Muppets have special significance for me, as I’d imagine they do for a lot of people in my generation out there.
He goes on to say

There’s a fierce creativity to the Muppet Show and the various films. Henson, Oz, the various puppeteers and the many voices that it takes to make the Muppets work every day – it’s a real collaborative effort and at the end of it, they create genuine art and beauty. Their influence has spread throughout film, comedy, music, art – kids have grown up on the Muppets and went on to bring those influences to their work. Just ask Jason Segel, who pushed for years to bring back the Muppets to the big screen for a new generation of children to discover and enjoy.
This is truly an amazing and powerful article going into why Jim Henson's legacy and the Muppets matters more now than ever before, chronicling the magic and creativity from past to present. I think if enough people see things like this author does, there is a great deal of hope.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. It's great to see The Muppets on a few most anticipated lists but to see it not only on Ain't It Cool's list but also the top of it is a special honor that says volumes. AICN is pretty well regarded as an excellent barometer of what the general public will love.