ABC Muppets in Oz Press Realease

turlem

Reaction score
y'know i was getting excited about this movie, but now i'm just worried.

i wanted rowlf as toto, i figured that wouldn't happen, but his dry humor would be great to have throughout the movie, and they could have him talk only in Oz

i like pepe, but only in little doses, i thought he'd be great as the leader of the flying monkeys, him as a villian would be funny.

and this ashanti thing REALLY REALLY bothers me. i hate these attemots to make the muppets more "hip" they're wrecking what they are. not to mention this will screw up the whole story

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
turlem said:
i hate these attemots to make the muppets more "hip" they're wrecking what they are. not to mention this will screw up the whole story
The Muppets have always tried to be "hip". In the Muppet show they did current songs, and had popular stars of the time. The Muppets always tried to work "current stars" of the time. In the Muppet movies they had current stars, and current styles of the time. But it's not the '70s or '80s anymore, it is 2004 so naturally they would use stars and attitude of today.

Xerus

Reaction score
I kind of picture Johnny Fiama as the Wizard. Appearing as a giant green head! And maybe Sal can be the gatekeeper, shouting. "NO ONE GETS IN TO SEE THE WIZARD!" in his familiar Johnny-protecting voice.

turlem

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
The Muppets have always tried to be "hip". In the Muppet show they did current songs, and had popular stars of the time. The Muppets always tried to work "current stars" of the time. In the Muppet movies they had current stars, and current styles of the time. But it's not the '70s or '80s anymore, it is 2004 so naturally they would use stars and attitude of today.
yeah, but the stuff they did transcends to now, and the people they used were usually big big stars with some sort of legacy, this pop singer, or whatever the **** she is, is just not something i can see the muppets with, i don't like it

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Wait twenty years and then say if it transends or not.

Also, Ashanti is a big star (and is still rising) she is very big amung the "young folk". She does not exactly do "my type of music", but I respect her for what she does, she is very talented and is popular. She doens't have a "legacy" yet, but at her age I wouldn't expect her to.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
To sum it up in a nutshell, Pepe is best taken in small doses :attitude:
Correct.

And yes, Pepe is the Elmo of Muppets.

Bluebee

Reaction score
ScooterRocks said:
Yeah, Pepe is a riot! :wink:
I too am happy to see Pepe, he's adorable I can totally seeing him prancing around as Toto! :smile: