A unique idea for a Sesame Street parody band!

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
I doubt if this has been done on SS yet, but perhaps a parody of the Violent Femmes would've been cool :smile:(in the spirit of the Beetles, Bruce Stringbean, etc.) They could call themselves "The Violent M's", or better yet, "The Violet M's", and could perhaps do a parody of "Kiss Off" (because they count from 1 to 10 in one part of that song). Perhaps a good lyric parody for that particular part of the song could be something like, "Well it's 1, 1, 1's the first number, and 2, 2, 2 comes after 1, and 3, 3, 3's the number after that, and 4, 4, 4 comes after 3" and on and on and on like that until, "And 10, 10, 10, those are all the NUMBERS I CAN REMEMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!" (angrily, like in "Kiss Off", when they say, "And it's 10, 10, 10 for EEEEEEEEEEEEEVERYYYYYYYYYYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!") Anyway, I think it'd be pretty cool if they could've done something like that. I mean, hey, they did Nick Normal and the Nickmatics, (which could've been a parody of obscure punk rocker, Nick Normal, from the Squares), so why not The Violet M's? Hope y'all have a good day!

SillyJoeBob

ssetta

Reaction score
It sure sounds like a unique idea, and a good idea. But sadly, I don't think they would ever do it. They never do things like that anymore, like parodies or anything. All they do now are kiddie things. I think it would be a very good idea for the old format, and maybe they could do a song about the letter M, but they won't.

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
ssetta said:
It sure sounds like a unique idea, and a good idea. But sadly, I don't think they would ever do it. They never do things like that anymore, like parodies or anything. All they do now are kiddie things. I think it would be a very good idea for the old format, and maybe they could do a song about the letter M, but they won't.
I know they won't either :frown:, but it would've been cool :smile:! Despite the fact that I decided to call this band "The Violet M's", I think that the "M" should merely be something that stands for "Muppet" (full name: The Violet Muppets). Their songs should more be about numbers: the "Kiss Off" parody which I already suggested, "Add It Up" which could be about addition ("Why can't I add one and one, why can't I add one and one, I think that adding could be kinda fun, so why can't I add one and one", etc.), and a parody of "Blister In the Sun" would be FANTASTIC (I love that song), although I can't think of what to come up with for that! Other early alt-rock parodies would've been good too, ("Been Caught Eating" by Cookie's Addiction, or perhaps "Smells Like 13 Spirit" by Numbervana), although I doubt they've done those. Would've been cool though!

SillyJoeBob

BlueAM

Reaction score
Lemme tell you, I LOVE the rock 'n roll parodies (The Beetles, Billy Idle, Bruce Stringbean, The Fine Young Camels, etc.), but I've thought of some ideas for parodies, even though they no longer do 'em. Ideas I've considered include "Y Generation" by the What, "It's Called an I" ("Because the Night") by the Patti Smitten Group, and "Call G" by Blandie, which SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE! I just think these things would've been great!

BlueAM

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Great Ideas!

BlueAM said:
Lemme tell you, I LOVE the rock 'n roll parodies (The Beetles, Billy Idle, Bruce Stringbean, The Fine Young Camels, etc.), but I've thought of some ideas for parodies, even though they no longer do 'em. Ideas I've considered include "Y Generation" by the What, "It's Called an I" ("Because the Night") by the Patti Smitten Group, and "Call G" by Blandie, which SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE! I just think these things would've been great!

BlueAM
Blue AM,

I have a few questions for you. I've definitely heard of the first three parody bands you've mentioned, but what song(s) did the Fine Young Camels do? Do you have any lyrics to go with the ideas you've mentioned? (By the way, my original idea for the Violet M's should probably be changed to the Violet Tens since they do songs about numbers.) I think Sesame Street might've done a parody of REM, 'cause there's this one song I have a vague memory of that I think sounded like their song "Everybody Hurts" (or is that just my imagination?) I look forward to hearing your answers to these.

SillyJoeBob

BlueAM

Reaction score
The Fine Young Camels sang "C Drives Me Crazy".

I'm not sure about the lyrics to these ideas at the moment.

BlueAM

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, R.E.M. did come on the show and perform a song that was a parody of "Shiny Happy People", and it was called "Furry Happy Monsters." It's on this box set.

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Some more parodies I've just come up with

BlueAM said:
The Fine Young Camels sang "C Drives Me Crazy".

I'm not sure about the lyrics to these ideas at the moment.

BlueAM
Here are some more parodies I think they should've done:

"W Vision" by Outsider ("Double Vision" By Foreigner)

"The 1 I Love" by R.E.N.

"The 'N' Crowd" by Dobie Greyhound

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any more ideas, I'd be glad to hear about them.

SillyJoeBob

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they made fun of the In crowd (unless I'm thinking of another song by another person) as a cartoon animated by Sally Cruckshank.

I think it was "We're in with the In crowd/ We're out with the out crowd"

But there are just some great stuff that has potential, but sadly because of the child psycologists that had so muck everything up, they'd never see the light of day.

"A little Story 'bout Jake and Diana"- a song about sharing by John Mellon Cougar

"Goodbye Monday and Tuesday"-by the Cobblestones (about days of the week)

"Baby you can Count with me" Featuring the Beetles and the Count

"Always look before you cross the street" By Monty Python (short lived character)

stuff like that...

BlueAM

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
"Baby you can Count with me" Featuring the Beetles and the Count

"Always look before you cross the street" By Monty Python (short lived character)

stuff like that...
These ideas are FANTASTIC, especially the ones with the Beetles and the Count, and Monty!

Here are some more ideas:

"Subtraction City": by David Boney

"I Guess That's Why The Call it a U": by Felton John

"And E Was": by the Talking M's

"Up/Down Girl": by Billy Mole

Hope you can share more ideas!

BlueAM