A list of Sesame Street toys for the 40th anniversary...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Target is also selling standalone 2-packs of compatible Sesame Street figures, such as a set containing Elmo and Cookie Monster and a set containing Grover and Oscar the Grouch.
That sounds like just about the ONLY interesting thing there. Remember the stuff we got for season 35? The Chess Set, the fan favorite collection of Gund mini-plush, and Pez dispensers? The 123 playset looks cool and all, but the PVC's they sell for it sound good. As long as they're NEWLY created PVC's, and not just the same ones FP has been releasing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sounds cool, though I don't know if I'll be buying them (maybe if some obscure characters ar eincluded). Has anybody noticed that the TV in the upstairs part of the playset shows an illustration of what looks like Guy Smiley?

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
I got the PVCs for my nephew for his birthday. They are pretty nice. I always question the inclusion of some things (like Ernie comes with sunglasses that he appears to be pulling off of his eyes). I hope they expand to a Count. I would very much want that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got the PVCs for my nephew for his birthday. They are pretty nice. I always question the inclusion of some things (like Ernie comes with sunglasses that he appears to be pulling off of his eyes).
* & ^ % $ That means they're reusing old ones. Forget I said anything/ Worst anniversary toys ever. Can't even come up with a New Ernie sculpt!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki now has pages for these. I thought the figures were coming out late,r but they are out now. They do look cool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They reused the Ernie.... and that one was from 2002. Very, VERY disappointed. How much do these retail for? I got that Ernie like 5 years ago for a buck. I really wish Fisher Price bothered to make new sculpts. Even the Grover was reused from an Easter Assortment.

However, there looks to be some other great stuff that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Talking Oscar the Grouch Wow... even I would love that.

Neighborhood friends small plush set (not the best looking things, but pretty decent).

Stacking Friends Elmo, Abby and Cookie figures... I'd almost buy it for the Abby...been waiting forever for a figurine of her.

The last one isn't specifically a 40th anniversary set or collection... but it is pretty interesting. Still a far cry from that amazing Bean Bag collection from the 30th anniversary and the 35th anniversary Gund mini-plush assortment (both with obscure characters).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm gonna say one last thing... go to the toy aisle at Target and look at the prices for these things... It literally feels like someone bashed my head in with a baseball bat. Suffice to say the word unreasonable comes up multiple times:

Sesame Street 123 play set- 39.99 (If the Palisades SS line ever materialized, I doubt even they would charge that amount, and it wouldn't look like a plastic box either)

2 pack SS Figures 6.99 (again, I got that SAME Ernie for a buck)

Sesame Street Die Cast Vehicles 6.99

I mean, really... Mattel being Mattel and charging roughly double what everything is worth. a 40 dollar play set with 2 measly figures? No one has that kind of money, and it could very well retail for 20.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Actually... Palisades planned to release the set, with multiple figures... i think the idea was to sell them at $14.99...

But i agree... they coulda place more characters, or even exclusive characters. And NEW molds.

The cars... thats crazy

I work at target and i noticed the talkin Oscar... LOOKS REALLY NICE. Comes with slimey. But i bought a smaller non talking look alike plush. Reasonable price... $5 something

Drtooth

Reaction score

But i agree... they coulda place more characters, or even exclusive characters. And NEW molds.

The cars... thats crazy
I'm glad someone agrees with me. Really, someone forgot to send the memo that we're in a...I dunno... recession, and no one's gonna wanna buy any toys for that amount of money? The thing that really bugs me is not only is it an old Ernie sculpt, but it was an old Ernie sculpt they made specifically to sell for a buck. Plus, there's only 3 sets. I will say I've noticed that the same Grover sculpt comes with the bus... BUT the color of the plastic in the bus version is much deeper blue (I can tell it's not the paint) than the one in the package.

Personally, I'd rather buy those stacking friends. They're like 7 bucks, but that's the same price as the 2 pack figures, they're new sculpts, AND they have an Abby. I've been begging for an Abby PVC for some time.

Personally, I think the Beverley Hills teddy bear Company figures were some of the best ones I've seen in a while, and they sold for a buck each. And that was only a year or so ago. And I'm REALLY loving the Collect-a-pals.

I work at target and i noticed the talkin Oscar... LOOKS REALLY NICE. Comes with slimey. But i bought a smaller non talking look alike plush. Reasonable price... $5 something
Really, if I was the kind who collected talking plush, I would have grabbed the Oscar at the first chance I'd get. Last year they had a Snuffy/Big Bird talking plush set. I'm so glad that they're slowly inching away from Elmo-centric merchandise.