A Good Source for Antron Fleece

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey puppet builders -

Since there always seems to be a discussion about how stores run out of puppet fleece, there is a company called Georgia Stage, Inc. that distributes it commercially. They have 12 oz. and 14 oz. weights, with no mimimum purchase required. It can also be easily dyed. Their website is gastage.com. You can e-mail them at info@gastage.com or call 1-800-211-8217.

Hope this helps :wink:

- Billy :cool:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
:confused:

Stores? That carry puppet fleece? Where can these stores be found...

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Maybe Falkor the luck dragon can give us a ride to the southern oracle and she will tell us! I hope she doesn't send us to the swamps of sadness with bad news. =(

Cmdir

Reaction score
Question

Is there anywhere to buy Antron besides Georgia Stage? Surely they aren't the only place that sells it.

Is this sold under other names?

There has to be flourescent dye somewhere, since One Way Street sells puppets in flourescent colors.

HELP.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Georgia Stage, Inc. actually sent me some samples:excited:, and they are great quality. I'm sure they're not the only one who sells it, but if you can't find a store nearby that does, at least you'll have that option.

Deb :flirt:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They are probably the best company to deal with if you are buying small quantities. My only complaint about them is that they insist on credit cards rather than cheque or even a bank draft. Other than that they are great.

There are also some places to order from that sell Antron by the roll (55 - 65 yards each I believe) at aproximately 30% less than Georgia Stage. Probably a good option if you do a lot of building or run a puppet building business.

Cmdir

Reaction score
There are also some places to order from that sell Antron by the roll (55 - 65 yards each I believe) at aproximately 30% less than Georgia Stage. Probably a good option if you do a lot of building or run a puppet building business.[/QUOTE]

I do run a puppet business and I need to buy in quantities. I try to keep my prices low (My customers are mostly churches and schools), so I am looking for the best pricing possible.

Please list the companies that sell rolls.

Cmdir

Reaction score
Tztz - the prices on this site are higher than GA stage, the fleece is the same.

gastage

Reaction score
Fleece

Cmdir said:
Tztz - the prices on this site are higher than GA stage, the fleece is the same.
Cmdir,

If you are looking to purchase large quantities (40+ yards) you can get it from Hampshire Textiles. Just ask for Larry Guilds (sounds like Giles). Since we get ours from Larry... to distribute smaller quantities than he wants to sel...l we can't sell it for as good a price as he can. If you have any other questions about the fleece you can email me.

Thanks,
Kathy
GA Stage, Inc.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
GA Stage, Hampshire Textiles and Puppetstuff are the only prominent suppliers of Antron currently I believe. Naturally Knits in NC used to carry Antron but they stopped a few years ago. There is supposed to be another source somewhere in the northeast US but I haven't been able to get the name or find out exactly what they sell.

We've ordered from Puppetstuff and GA Stage. The fleece is essentially the same from both, but I find that Puppetstuff is more expensive and their delivery/customer service is slower than GA Stage. Puppetstuff has more flexible payment options than GA Stage (PayPal, Credit Card, money order) so they might be a better option for people without a credit card. Don't worry though Kathy - we all still love you... :wink: