A Celebration of 30 Years historian credit

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The credits of The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years credits Jane Henson and Bob Payne as historians. However, I wonder what the use of this credit is. Were they in charge of choosing the clips? Were they there to educate the various background performers on the characters that they were performing, as I am sure that many of them didn't know their characters (I could be wrong). I don't know how many (if any) background performers didn't have any previous experience with The Jim Henson Company.

And it's strange that such a special needed historians. I can't remember if Jerry Juhl wrote the script, but he had been with the Muppets since the early 1960s, Jim Henson had obviously been around since the beginning (though I know that he didn't like to talk about past productions... it amazes me that he alowed for there to be anniversary specials and so many other productions featuring clips from previous productions), and most of the main performers had been invovled with the Muppets since 1974 or earlier.