2nd Series One Custom Pic

SPECIAL ED

Reaction score
man those keep getting better.can you do a indiana jones or jedi kermit now that would be a challenge.Great work

uncleduke

Reaction score
Very cool indeed, Maybe you should be sending Ken your resume? Your ideass and execution are very good.

Foreignman

Reaction score
That is nice... So what's next, you've done MCC and MTM, I guess next is MTI?

Jimbo504

Reaction score
Where did you get the scarf? And how long did each custom figs take you? Your figs have made me want to do my own customs. Any tips?

Thanks,
James

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
So, just so I can keep score, you've now bought, opened & painted TWO of the Kermit exclusives, while I still have yet to find ONE of them at any of my local TRU's...

Life is not fair.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Thanks for the support!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the kind feedback. To answer some of the questions:

I think I'm going to stick to versions from the show and movies before I do anything like Indy or Jedi Kermit.

They each took me a good part of a day. Ofcourse I stopped a lot and took my time. The hardest part on Bob Cratchit Kermit was painting the plaid on his shirt. The scarf is made from charcoal colored felt that I painted red stripes on. The best tip I can give is to mask the parts of the figure that aren't going to have any new paint at all applied to them (Head, hands, feet).

And actually I've bought and opened three of the Kermit Tux. One of them I left normal.

I actually just got some air dry modeling clay (as opposed to sculpey which you have to bake) so hopefully I can begin to sculpt right on top of the figures and not just do repaints.

My thoughts for other customs in series 1 are (keep in mind these are thoughts, and whether or not I actually do all of them will remain to be seen, but this is order I plan to do them in):

Kermit "A frog with an afro?" (from MTM)
Piggy as Princess Leia
Kermit Cowboy (end of Muppet Movie)
Kermit as "Big Broadway Producer"
Wedding Kermit and Piggy
Kermit and Piggy in "Steppin' Out" Outfits (from GMC)
Dr.Teeth in Shiny Purple Outfit (from MTM)

We'll see how my time and wallet holds up.

-Artie

radionate

Reaction score
What about submitting them to Ken for the Fanatical Friday section?