1975 episodes that didn't air on Unpaved

furryfella

Reaction score
does anybody know which ones of the 75-76 season they showed on unpaved:cool:

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, there's only one Sesame Street episode from 1975 that is shown on Noggin. It was where nobody sees Snuffy yet and features appearances of Roosevelt Franklin and Harvey Kneeslapper. It also is sponsored by the number "2" and features a couple of "2" segments like the classic Henson counting segment that ends with the falling baker that fell down the stairs and drops two chocolate cream pies and Harvey's pogo stick jumping sketch. I never get to see it, because I only have #162 and the Rainstorm from 1972. I'm dying to see the 1975 show from Noggin!!!

mikealan

Reaction score
Good news: I got 796 from Brian W. Smith, and it's the only Unpaved show from 1975

MIKEB97

Reaction score
There was the unpaved episode from 75-76 when Mr. Hooper stayed up late to study for his GED. I forgot the number.

There were also episodes from 1975-76 when Big Bird, Oscar and the Gang went to visit Luis's relatives in New Mexico. If I'm not mistaken, there was an episode which Noggin Never aired. It was a snowy day on Sesame Street. I've seen a few pics of it in a book called "Learn at home the Sesame Street Way ".

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "snow" episodes in the 70's were always some of my favorites as a kid.

Censored

Reaction score
I remember a few episodes about snow. Possibly the first one about snow was when Gordon bought a new snow shovel and was wondering if it would snow so he could use it. Big Bird was hoping it would snow for Gordon's sake.

In possibly the same episode, Big Bird makes a paper snowflake so they will have snow one way or another. Luckily, the real snow begins after he's finished.

In a surreal segment. One of the muppet characters (cannot remember who) is commenting on how snow flakes fall down and wondering if they ever fall up. Maria tells the muppet that such an occurrence is impossible. Then, when Maria is by herself, the snow flakes do in fact start falling up for a few seconds. A very confused Maria looks on in astonishment and then just shakes her head and goes inside.

In a skit designed to encourage creative expression in children, Big Bird builds a snow man upside-down. Maria comes along and shows him the "correct" way to build one by redoing his until it is rightside-up. A disenchanted Big Bird then says that he liked it better upside-down because it was "more fun that way." Maria realizes that she unwittingly made a major error and apologizes to Big Bird and reassures him that everyone has their own way of building snowmen. She then proceeds to help him put it back to the way it was.

I don't know if this skit was only shown during snow episodes, but Lefty tries to sell Ernie a snow man that is outdoors. As the sales pitch goes on, the sun comes out and snow man gets smaller and smaller. Lefty adjusts his sales pitch for the smaller size until at the very end, Lefty tries to sell Ernie "This little puddle of water."

In another street skit, an Anything Muppet is hired to shovel the snow off of a human's walkway, but all of the humans start asking him to do theirs first. The AM gets so overwhelmed that he starts yelling in anger. Oscar is impressed with his outbursts and commends him on being a Grouch. The AM explains that he's not a grouch, he just has too many sidewalks to shovel. He then ropes Oscar into doing some for him (I think by simply putting the shovel in his hands). An aggravated Oscar then reluctantly starts shoveling snow outside of Hoper's store and David rubs his eyes in disbelief at the sight.

Those are the only snow episodes I remember right now, unless you count the poor antenna reception our TV often received which made it look like it was snowing on Sesame Street all the time.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
most street skits aren't reused years after they were made like the muppet, animated, or film, ones. but ocaasionally. there are some exceptions. i don't know if the following was from the 1975 snow episode some of you are talking about but when i was small there was 1 involving Mr. Hooper and Mumford witch i saw reused in the 1981-1982 season were Mr. Hooper was about to shovel the front of his store and Muford dedcided to make it dissappear. however when Mr. Hooper went into his store, all of it ended up there. sol Mumford made it disappear agian and i think Maria came in the store and mentions about snow outside and Hooper said he something like Mumford made it disappear. boy was he wrong. there it was again all over the sidewalk. Mumford said he'll wave his magic wand and Mr. Hooper says no you can shovel the snow. he certainly didn't want to end up with snow inside his store again.