1970s, 1980s, and 1990s PBS and CTW video clips

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey,
I just happened to find a neat site that has some video clips of the PBS and CTW logos from the past years, including the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. Check it out at
http://ctwmedia.tripod.com/videos/

Actually, visit the main site at http://ctwmedia.tripod.com as well and there's some other video clips from The Electic Company and Square One TV. Pretty cool.

Just thought I'd pass it on. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes thanks for that, GonzoLeaper. It's great to be able to see some old EC clips. They haven't all successfully downloaded on my computer but I've gotten a few of them to, like the monoliths and the sweet roll cartoon.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
No problem. I figured some others would enjoy it. Anyone else remember Square One? (used to love that one)

superfan

Reaction score
I LOVE the "wocka wocka" of the electric guitars at the end, there! Groovy!
:sing:
(oh, from the Electric Company one, of course)

Ziffel

Reaction score
Still trying to get the EC theme songs to download. But I did just get to see and hear the PBS logo of the 70's. That was nice to see. Saw it SO many times throughout the 70's but not since then. :smile:

Andrew T

Reaction score
I remember Square One TV! I liked it just as much as Sesame Street, and watched it until it went off the air circa 1994. My favorite part was Mathnet. I would recommend visiting SquareOneTV.org if you're interested in the show. :smile:

I vividly remember the 1971-84 and 1989-92 PBS logos (the "1970s" and "Late 80s Early 90s" video clips referenced on the site.) I recall seeing the 1971 version on PBS retained on some programs all the way up to the end of the '80s. I think today's "PBS Kids" and "We are PBS" idents pale in comparison to the strong, consistent versions of yesterday, that drew attention to the PBS name and logo and nothing else.

The "sparks" ID seen as the "1980s CTW Logo" wasn't applied to all Children's Television Workshop programs, although I do believe it was seen at the beginning of 3-2-1 Contact (correct me if I'm wrong) and on specials, such as an hour-long Mathnet case I own on VHS.

I remember that CTW's way of crediting themselves on Sesame Street in the 1980s and very early '90s consisted of a spiel at the end where the Sesame Street sign swung in like a door and the words "CHILDREN'S TELEVISION WORKSHOP" slid in below from the right edge of the screen, accompanied by a voiceover.

There are a few PBS-related RealVideo clips on TV Ark, a television website I frequent, as well. Does anyone remember the 1970 PBS ident?