1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

1000 Post Club, The Post Count & Senior Members Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Kimp the Shrimp, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that I actually did good with my username, considering I was so excited and rushed joining MC that I would be prone to messing up and picking something stupid. :p

And also, looking back, I realize that I never introduced myself. Another sign of how much I tried to be a major player in the community from my first post on.

So then I take it that you'd rather be called Collette than Muppetfan? I'll be sure to remember that. :)
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Me too! I never bothered to do that. Rats!!!! I am not the only one that made such doggone mistakes at MC.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I think a lot of it was that I thought that when you introduced yourself, I didn't know you could simply say something like "I'm Hubert, lifelong Muppet fan, my favorite Muppet is Beauregard," I thought you had to gush about all kinds of personal details about your location, your age....

*slaps former self*
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Sure, no problem, I'll call you anything you want. Whatever you prefer....;)

I don't like the whole 123 part of my username, I really wanted to make it to post something about the Pig with the Froggy Tattoo parody and all the other usernames that I wanted were taken, so after about five or six tries, I picked the name I have now.
    Since then, whenever I had a comment on something I posted it here, and then became friends with people here and I've been stuck here ever since.
    If there was a way to change my screen name, I'd do it. But the only way of getting a new screen name is to make another account, which I'm not really in the mood of right now. I might do what Frogboy4/JVCarrol did and make a new account eventually, but I have no plans for that now...
  5. Muppet fan 123

I thought that too. Also, now when you join, I think there's a link to the "New Members, Please post and Introduce Yourself. That wasn't there when I joined....
  6. Muppet fan 123

I can't get to your first posts Hubert! You have so many posts, it'll take me about an hour to get through them all!! :/
    Hubert likes this.
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to remember any of the taken usernames that you tried?...just my curiosity striking. :p

MANIACAL LAUGH!!!!!!!! :p

P.S. Do you prefer "Mitchell" or "Mitch"?
  8. Muppet fan 123

No, I was actually thinking that when I was typing out that post...I think Fozzie Bear was on that list, and I think that's all I know.

I don't mind which one..maybe mix it up a little. ;)
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Mitch reminds me of the bully form the Powerpuff girls...great. Now I'm gonna start picturing you as him XP

Yeah...I was 13 just about to turn 14 when I joined and wasn't used to talking to people and honestly, knew nothing about the muppets, just that I loved the tv show.

And this brings me to a theory on why new members don't stick around. I felt, and I still feel, like I didn't know enough about the muppets to belong or even to be able to post. This is the main reason I avoid the actual muppet section of the forum and hang out in the general section and the merchandise section. But when I was younger, I asked such stupid thing. To prove that I knew nothing about the muppets...I posted a thread asking what muppeteers were still alive...needless to say, some of the responses to that thread were...er...not as nice as they could have been...at least, to my memory. I don't like to look back at old posts of mine
  10. Muppet fan 123

WHAT??!!
    The Powerpuff Girls?....AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!! Don't associate me with that show! How do I remind you of a character in that show?
    *hides in shame*

That's a problem, we gotta chill out on new members. If a new member asks a stupid question or posts a new stupid thread, we can't yell at them. As they hang around a little more, they'll figure out the rules and know what and what not to post. There are many things we gotta chill out on. I'm gonna start a thread about this whole thing, maybe tommorow..
  11. Sgt Floyd

But...I like the Powerpuff Girls...I even have the series box set...

But anyway, the irony is that those kinds of threads pointing out the faults in people generally accomplish the opposite of what you want...and just start arguments. I really wouldn't :/
  12. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well that was a lot to catch up on. That's what I get for staying off MC for a few days. :p Sadly for me as much as I still love The Muppets and always will I think my interest in MC might be fading somewhat. :/
  13. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

How I got my username:

You know that big blue button next to the sign up link? Then…well…you know…
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I got my username after A) my name and B) my Whatnot Caricature.

2,379 posts 840 likes
  15. Pinkflower7783

I'm at 6,000 and something posts and I have no idea how many likes. :p
  16. Muppet fan 123

Hakuna Matata. (No worries.)
    I was kidding, I'm just curious how I remind you of a character in that show. :confused:

I just don't remember liking that show, it's been a million years since I saw that thing, but I remember disliking it.
  17. Sgt Floyd

I already said it's because you have the same name :/

Edit: Eh....now that I look, I probably wasn't clear about that :p
  18. Pinkflower7783

Wow 6,990!!! I am so close to hitting 7,000!!!! I honestly don't really care how many likes I have anymore. :p
  19. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Unless you want projectiles flying your way :p

:fishy:
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I take a few days off and come back expecting to only have about 7,750, which I thought I had, but then I come back to be pleasantly surprised with my almost 7,800. :)