"The Muppets: Green with Envy" Teaser Trailer On-line

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have seen that before, to me thats just talking more about Jim's death and him not seeking medical attion when he should have.

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh my God!

It looks like it's finally here...The Muppets really ARE coming back to the big screen, and so am I to Muppet Central. I've been away from the forums for a while, but what better time to come back and discuss this momentus occassion in Muppet fandom.

I thought this teaser was very clever and look at all the old familiar furry and foamy faces. I'm so excited about this!:smile::big_grin:

Now all I'm waiting for is true evidence of a Fraggle Rock film in the works.:smirk:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Whoa! Where can I get one of those?
my friend who works at our local movie theater gave it to me...this is the kind thats printed on both ends.....not sure if its ever going to come out in stores

Pork

Reaction score
Squeeeeeeeee! This trailer is Fantastic! So uber excited!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Duke, i agree with a lot of your post, but there was one section i had to comment on (which is really just an example of a "type" of post that others have posted similar kind of posts recently as well, so i'm just using this as an example really...)

For example: far too many people who never think before they talk constantly slam Disney for buying the Muppets and accussing them of ruining them, which is entirely untrue. They can never seem to get it through their thick skulls that The Jim Henson Company did a very lousy job handling them before the buyout, completely oblivious to Henson's failures (ie: shows like "Tinseltown" getting pulled from the air too soon, the Fraggle Rock movie and Dark Crystal sequel being stuck in development h*ll, too many promises unfilfilled, etc.).
I fully get the sentiments behind this - especially given a recent "controversial" post here lately - but this is a little bit of whitewashing of history. Yes, we've been very fortunate that the Muppets have a good team behind them at Disney and that they're enjoying the money/muscle of The Mouse right now, but that doesn't negate the fully legitimate concerns that many people (not just fans, but major players within Henson) had regarding whether or not Disney would be a good/appropriate home for them.

Given the last couple years, it's easy to look at how Henson has struggled as they've stayed independant (Tinseltown, btw, isn't a good example as that was more an aired pilot more than something that "got pulled too soon") and at how the Muppets have been getting the red carpet treatment and exposure due to Disney - and forget everything else that took place between 1990 and circa 2008.

Disney is a large company and its top management and their styles really affects everything else - the right people are in the right place right now and all is well. But don't forget the other managers/CEO's that have been in positions of power and how very different the story could have turned out if one of them was still in charge or if the Muppets came under Disney ownership at an earlier time than they did.

Even within the specific Muppet branch, there have been three leaders. Chris Curtin was first and he actually was doing quite well handling the original transition - but internal Disney politics stemming from regime changes at the top led to his ouster and replaced him with an incompetent boob (whose name i never even bother to remember because he's best left forgotten) and placed a screeching halt on the Kermit's 50th Anniversary promotion that only just started. This guy had no interest in keeping the Muppets going as a thriving brand and thank Frog he was eventually replaced with Lyelle Breier!

Things are great now and this is the moment Muppet fans have long waited for. But it's also good to remember - at least in the back of one's mind - that internal corporation politics could also at some point lead to Breier being replaced with someone who really shouldn't be in charge of them and/or the upper echelons at Disney deciding later on after the big movie project, that they don't want to put as much weight/support towards the Muppet division and focus much more on their latest pet projects.

The point i'm basically making is right now we're in the midst of a wonderful chapter. But it's also good to remember it's a small part of a larger uneven book. I'm not saying don't be happy and excited (since we should be - we have every reason to be), but at the same time, don't fall into the trap of thinking that this kind of mass support from the company as a whole is an eternal thing or that what's led us here has been all pink clouds and rainbows in how Disney's treated them pre and post sale.

But, at any rate - just a quick reminder of the larger history - now back to our regularly scheduled bouncing off the walls...

beaker

Reaction score
Reading DW's post above me, it reminds me of when I first joined Muppet Central Forums in November 1998...had no idea it would be THIRTEEN years to the day almost that I'd have to wait for the glorious return of the Muppets(ok, sure later the next year we had MFS...but that ultimately wasn't as rewarding as it could be)

Right now...we're at the potential to be where Star Wars community fans were in 1993-1997...right before the special editions and phantom menace. Prior to that, by the 1990's Star Wars fandom was more underground. Muppet fandom has long been underground. I'm shocked when people know even just a few of the Muppet names...never have I met an *actual* fan in real life out and about(tho I once saw someone with a kermit tattoo)

It's indeed an exciting time. When we hit late summer and into fall with the insane media and marketing saturation with the Muppets by Disney...I can imagine many thought they never thought we'd end up where we are.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Reading DW's post above me, it reminds me of when I first joined Muppet Central Forums in November 1998...had no idea it would be THIRTEEN years to the day almost that I'd have to wait for the glorious return of the Muppets(ok, sure later the next year we had MFS...but that ultimately wasn't as rewarding as it could be)

Right now...we're at the potential to be where Star Wars community fans were in 1993-1997...right before the special editions and phantom menace. Prior to that, by the 1990's Star Wars fandom was more underground. Muppet fandom has long been underground. I'm shocked when people know even just a few of the Muppet names...never have I met an *actual* fan in real life out and about(tho I once saw someone with a kermit tattoo)

It's indeed an exciting time. When we hit late summer and into fall with the insane media and marketing saturation with the Muppets by Disney...I can imagine many thought they never thought we'd end up where we are.
I agree 1000%