The Muppets Celebrate 40 Years of Sesame Street

mbmfrog

Reaction score
My friend this is a great idea and I wish to encourage you to keep it up. Who knows if we'll have Abby Cadabby meeting :smile: for the 1st time ever.

muppets2

Reaction score
Very good chapther very impressive

Fanominle job

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter Three:
Kermit: Yes, I've had this trenchcoat for several years. Could use a new stitch job. Oh! Welcome back to the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street. Well, now the time has come to talk to the residents that have been on this famous street for many years, some since the beginning. One of them, in fact, is right behind me and here he is, the one and only, Big Bird!
Big Bird: Hi, Kermit. Say this is a great party. A lot of people are here for Sesame Street's birthday.
Kermit: Indeed. Now Big Bird, I want to ask you something that all lot of people are asking, what do you like most about being on Sesame Street?
Big Bird: Oh, that's a difficult question. But I think the best thing about being on Sesame Street is being around all my friends and having fun.
Kermit: I see. Well, folks, there you have it. Now let's take a look at the best Big Bird moments.
Big Bird montage:
"ABC-DEF-GHI" (80s Version)
"I Just Adore Four" with the Tarnish Brothers
Big Bird roller skating
Big Bird singing "The Curious Cantata"
Big Bird riding in a turkey truck in "Follow that Bird"
Big Bird in China and Japan
Big Bird being small after one of Mumford's magic tricks
Big Bird and a little girl demonstrating "Short and Tall"
Kermit: And now, over here is the famous 123 Sesame Street apartment and this is where the most famous friends live and they are none other than Ernie and Bert.
So, guys, how are you enjoying this party?
Bert: This is terrific!
Ernie: Yeah, all this to celebrate Sesame Street's 40th birthday.
Kermit: Now,you two have been here since the beginning and through all that time, what is the best thing about working together?
Bert: The best thing about it is just being able to cooperate and live with each other in an apartment. And let me tell you, it's not always easy, but we work around it.
Ernie: Um, Bert? (Pops Bert's nose off) The nose is still lose, Bert.
Bert (Nasally): Ernie! That's not funny!
Ernie: Come on, Bert. It's always been funny ever since the joke started. (laughs)
Bert: Oh, Ernie!
Ernie and Bert montage:
Ernie and Bert's rhyming game
Ernie's fish call
Ernie and Bert explore a pyramid
Ernie popping Bert's nose off for a clay sculpture of Bert
Ernie and Bert demonstrating "Heavy and Light"
A scene from "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures"
Ernie and Bert flying in an airplane in "Follow that Bird"
Kermit: Wonderful moments, weren't they? Here's another famous resident, it's the famous cookie eating monster, Cookie Monster!
Cookie: Hi, frog.
Kermit: Now, Cookie Monster, you've been here for a long time. What is the best thing about living on Sesame Street?
Cookie: Well, what me can tell you is the best thing about being on Sesame Street is eating cookies! (Munches cookies)
Kermit: I should've known.
Cookie: But me also like eating healthy food sometimes. Me can't eat cookies all the time, you know. Just watch this montage featuring yours truly.
Cookie Monster montage:
Cookie singing "Healthy Food"
Cookie and Kermit with the mystery box
Cookie Monster in "Letter of the Day" segments
Cookie asking a librarian for a book and a box of cookies
Cookie and Hoots singing "A cookie is a sometime food"
Cookie singing "C is for Cookie"
Kermit: Of course, we have another blue monster that's famous here, Grover.
Grover: Yes. Well, froggie, as you know, for as long as I have been here, I have had many jobs: waiter, taxi driver, salesman...
Kermit: Yes, we all know that you've had a lot of jobs. Let's have a look, shall we?
Grover: I think we shall.
Grover montage:
Grover as a waiter-Alphabet soup
Grover as an elevator operator
Grover as a fireman with a hose
Grover as a newspaper salesman
Grover selling a weather machine
Global Grover segments:
China
India
Alaska
Russia
France
England
Kermit: What a globe trotting monster! And last, but certainly not least...
(Organ plays)
Count: Greetings, I am the Count. They call me The Count because I love to count things.
Kermit: Yes, we've known that ever since you've been on the show. Uh, Count, what everyone wants to know is what is the best thing about being on Sesame Street?
Count: The best thing about living here is there's always something to count. Like one, one fabulous birthday party! Ah, ah, ah!
(Thunder rolls)
Kermit: Yes and for those of you who also love to count, let's have a look at The Count's best moments.
Count von Count montage:
"The Song of the Count"
The Count and Cookie Monster count apples
The Count's picnic
"Number of the Day" segments
"Coconut Counting Man" with Harry Belefonte
The Count as an Elevator Operator
The Count with the counting lottery
Kermit: Yes, folks. We had wonderful moments with those guys.
Grover: But froggie, you've had some great moments yourself.
Kermit: I have? My mind's a little foggy.
Grover: Certainly. Let's have a look back at Kermit's best moments, shall we?
Kermit montage:
"Bein' Green"
Kermit talking about hands
"Carribean Amphibian"
"Disco Frog"
"Do Wop Hop"
Kermit and Elmo on "Happy and Sad"
Kermit and Gladys switching places
Sesame Street news segments
Kermit sings "On My Pond"
Kermit sings "A Song from Kermit"
Kermit sings "This Frog"
Interview Segment:
Miss Piggy: My favorite character on Sesame Street has always been Gladys the Cow. She's a star in her own right and I guess that's where I got my need for stardom from.
Gobo: I've always loved Grover because he's real funny and he's a traveler kinda like me and my Uncle Matt.
Be-Bop: My favorite character on the show is Hoots the Owl. He's real cool for a bird. I like that and he's really talented.
Rugby: My favorite character is Big Bird. He's pretty special to everybody and he's always had a curious streak. That's kinda like me in a way, except I'm not a bird, I'm a tiger.
Mew: I like Big Bird, too. Not because he's really big, he's very much like a kid. I guess that's why he's so well liked.
Gunge: I love watching Ernie and Bert. Those two are the ultimate odd couple. But the best part is that they're still friends after all these years, like me and Philo.
Philo: I also love the two-headed monster.
Gunge: Oh, yeah! I love those guys!
Philo: We're kinda like them, except we don't have two heads. They're really funny and they know how to work together even though they disagree.
Bean: Although my favorite character on the show is Elmo, I loved watching Ernie and Bert. Me, my brother and my sister would always laugh at the things they do.
Lugsy: Yeah. I think those two are like me and Bean in a way, but I think they helped us learn to get along and even though we fight, we still love each other and that's what Bert and Ernie did.
Scooter: I loved watching Kermit on the show. Just like on The Muppet Show, he puts up with a lot of crazy characters. That's one reason he's a great character for the show.
Kermit: What wonderful memories those were, huh? Well, the party's just getting started. Stay tuned for more of the best moments from Sesame Street.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter Four:
Kermit: Hi-ho and welcome back to a very happenin' 40th birthday party for Sesame Street.
Forgetful Jones: Oh, this party is for Sesame Street?
Kermit: Yes, Forgetful. It's for the 40 years that Sesame Street has been on TV.
Clementine: That's why we're here, Forgetful. We were part of making Sesame Street the best daggone kids show in the whole wide world!
Forgetful: Oh, I forgot. (Laughs) Anyway, being a cowboy on Sesame Street sure makes me feel great. You meet lots of interesting people, frogs, cows and horses.
Kermit: Yes, indeed, Forgetful and just like you, there have been lots of famous characters living here. Let's have a look.
Forgetful: Oh, this is sure to bring back memories.
(Twinkling)
Kermit: What the hey?
Forgetful: Ooh, purty, eh, Clementine?
Abby Cadabby: Hi, everybody!
Kermit: Wow! This is really something here, folks. Excuse me, who are you?
Abby: I'm Abby, Abby Cadabby, fairy in training.
Forgetful: Ooh, a fairy. How 'bout that?
Abby: Who are you guys?
Kermit: Uh, I'm Kermit the Frog of Sesame Street News and this is Forgetful Jones and Clementine.
Forgetful: Howdy, Abby!
Abby: Why is he called "Forgetful Jones"?
Forgetful: That's easy. They call me that because...because, um...I don't remember.
Clementine: That's why they call you "Forgetful", you forget things all the time.
Forgetful: Oh, yeah. (Laughs)
Kermit: Sheesh! Well, Abby, watch this and you'll see that many others have lived here and had become famous to kids everywhere.
Sesame character montage:
Forgetful Jones performs "Oklahoma" and Kermit directs
Sherlock Hemlock in "Mysterious Theater"
Yip-Yip Martians finding a phone
Gladys the Cow sings "Proud to be a Cow"
Two-headed Monster- "Emotions"
Roosevelt Franklin showing a map of Africa
Baby Bear and Telly with the word "Dog" running away
Don Music with Kermit rewriting "Mary had a Little Lamb" (Canaries aren't blue! part)
Monsters sing "Frazzle"
Abby: Wow! All those people have been on the show?
Kermit: Yes, indeed. In fact, with every season, new characters are added to the already extended family here.
Floyd: Hey, Kermit, my main frog!
Kermit: Oh, hi, Floyd. Enjoying the party?
Floyd: Sure am, but me and the band want to point out that the best part of Sesame Street for us is the music, especially with all those bands created for the show. Of course, that's how we ended up playing with them on occasion.
Abby: You had bands, too?
Floyd: Positively, little lady fairy. Just watch this and you'll see what I mean.
Sesame Street bands montage:
Little Jerry and The Monotones sing "Telephone Rock"
Counting "Crows" sing "Counting 1-2-3"
Chris and The Alphabeats sing "Count It Higher"
The Four Sides sing "Hip to be a Square"
The Cobblestones sing "I can't get no cooperation"
How Now Brown and The Moo Wave sing "Wet Paint"
The Oinker Sisters sing "A New Way to Walk"
Over the Top sing "ZZ Blues"
The Beetles sing "Letter B"
Abby: Wow! That was awesome!
Floyd: Sure is. Well, catch ya later, Kerm.
Kermit: Sure, Floyd. Well, folks, over the years, Sesame Street has been making music ever since its first show, starting with the ever famous theme song. I've been interviewing other Muppets and see what their favorite song is from Sesame Street.
Interview Segment:
Boober: My favorite song from Sesame Street? Well, how can you go wrong with "Rubber Duckie", especially when it comes to bath time?
Scooter: I love any song that a Muppet band sings, but I think my favorite of all time is "Letter B" by The Beetles. It's very catchy and so much fun to sing.
Gonzo: I love "Doin' the Pigeon". Of course, I'm not a pigeon, but I'm somewhat of a bird. Does that count?
Robin: I have plenty of favorites. Let's see... um, I like "Disco Frog", "On My Pond", I always love it when Uncle Kermit sings "Bein' Green" on the show. But I love the sweet, gentle songs like "I don't want to live on the moon" and "We are all earthlings". Songs like that make Sesame Street special in its own way.
Wembley: I love "The Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree". It's a fun and silly song and I like silly.
Philo: I like "Two Heads are Better Than One" with the two-headed monster
Gunge: I love that song! It's almost as if it was written about us.
Philo: But it was written for the two-headed monster. It's a joke.
Gunge: Yeah, I know, but I would have been written about us, don't ya think?
Philo: Oh, brother.
Emmet: Our favorite song of all time is
Jug-band: "The Ladybug's Picnic"!
Charlie: It's a really catchy song and a lot of fun to sing.
Harvey: After we heard it, we thought about performing the song ourselves and we practiced and now we can sing it together.
Wendell: It's a song for any jug-band to sing.
Harvey: Absolutely.
Kermit: Everyone loves musical moments on Sesame Street. What's that? Oh, I don't believe this. This just in, folks. I've just recieved word that Emmet Otter and his jug-band are going to perform "Ladybug's Picnic" for all of us here. This will be really exciting for everyone here. Don't go away, stick around for the inpromptu concert here on Sesame Street.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
These are great chapter updates and I find it surprsing that even someone like Miss Piggy have a favorite moment/character on Sesame Street.

I must say Abby's entrence was worth it for her to encounter Forgetful Jones, brillant idea indeed.

Please do keep up the good work upon such a great story.

muppets2

Reaction score
yea forgetfuls part was great and abby was genuis

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter Five:
Kermit: You guys ready? Oh! Hi-ho and welcome back to Sesame Street's 40th birthday party and before the break, Emmet Otter and his jug-band were about to perform "Ladybug's Picnic" for all the party guests. So without further ado, here is the Frogtown Hollow Jubilee Jug-band with "Ladybug's Picnic"! Yaaaaaaaaayyyyy!
(Applause)
Emmet: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ladybugs came to the Ladybug's picnic.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and they all played games at the Ladybug's picnic.
They had twelve sacks, so they ran sack races and they fell on their backs and they fell on their faces, ladybugs twelve at the ladybug's picnic.
They played jump rope, but the rope, it broke.
So they just sat around tellin' knock-knock jokes, ladybugs twelve at the Ladybug's picnic.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and they chatted away at the Ladybug's picnic.
They talked about the high flights, furniture and rugs and fire insurance for ladybugs.
Ladybugs twelve at the Ladybug's picnic.
(Music ends, applause)
Kermit: That was terrific! Very nice, boys. Well, now back to more Muppet interviews about their favorite songs from Sesame Street.
Interview Segment:
Leon: My favorite song from Sesame Street is "Happy to be me" by Kingston Livingston III. After all, what's better than just being you? Nothin'!
Miss Piggy: My favorite song from the show is "Proud to be a Cow" by my favorite character, Gladys the Cow. Of course, I'd always change the words to "Proud to be a Pig" just to suit moi. (Laughs)
Pepe: My favorite song from the show is "Amigo". You know,
Amigo, amigo, another word for "friend".
I already knew spanish at the time, but I think I learned more spanish from watching the show, okay.
Bean: My favorite song from Sesame Street is a song called "Little Things". My sister and I love the song because sometimes, we're not happy about being little all the time.
Twitch: The song always reminds us that sometimes being little is a great thing and we accepted being little and we like it that way.
Bean: Good things come in small packages, huh?
Twitch: Yeah.
PJ: My favorite song is "What's the name of that song?". I always love singing
La-di-da-di-dum, la-di-da-di-dum, what's the name of that song?
Kai-Lee: PJ! You're silly!
Kermit: It's amazing that after all these years, we still love singing Sesame songs.
Oscar: Yeah, but the problem is that all those songs are too much fun! They're too cheerful, too!
Kermit: Oh, come on, Oscar. You can't be serious.
Oscar: Well, I am, frog!
Kermit: Listen, Oscar, even you've had some good times on the street.
Oscar: Oh, yeah?
Kermit: Yeah. Just watch.
Oscar montage:
"Swamp Mushy Muddy"
Oscar in a grouchketeer meeting.
Oscar and Telly with Evelyn Glennie
Oscar, Elmo and some kids sing "The No-No-No"
Oscar and Grudgetta in "Alone in a Swamp"
Oscar with Danny Devito
Oscar singing his version of "Bein' Green"
"I love trash"
Oscar: Well, you've got a point there, flipper face. Come to think of it, I did have good times here, despite all the niceness and happiness that goes with it.
Kermit: I'm glad you see it that way, Oscar. You're a pretty great grouch after all these years. So, why not join the party?
Oscar: Thanks, but I'd rather just stay here in my good old trash can and give my pig, Spot, a mud bath.
(Slams lid)
Kermit: Well, there you have it. Even a grouch can have fun here on Sesame Street. Stay tuned for an interview with the adults of Sesame Street when we come back.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter Six:
Kermit: Welcome back, everyone. At this time, I'm here with some of the adults of Sesame Street. Here's Bob, Maria, Luis, Gina, Gordon, Susan and here's Maria and Luis' daughter, Gabi, and Miles, Susan and Gordon's son. And Alan, who's working at Hooper's Store. And let's welcome the newest neighbors on the street, Leela and Chris, Gordon and Susan's nephew. Now let me ask you this important question, how do you like the fact that Sesame Street is now 40 years old?
Bob: I think it's terrific, it's more than we anticipated when we first started.
Susan: We didn't think that it would last very long, but yet, here we are, 40 years later.
Kermit: I see. What was it like working with not only kids, but Muppets as well?
Maria: Well, it took some getting used to when I first started acting here, but as we went on, thing just started flowing.
Gordon: Working with kids is a lot of fun and working with Muppets also, it makes things even better.
Kermit: Yeah, we bring some entertainment on the street. Now, Gabi and Miles, you guys have been here since you were born, how do you like it?
Gabi: It's great. Here you meet lots of people, animals, monsters and when you've known them since you were little, there's a lot of friendships here.
Miles: If you're a kid and you grew up here, it's a great thing to experience.
Kermit: I should think so. Now Alan, how are things working at Hooper's?
Alan: It's great and let's just say that when it comes to Hooper's, you never know what's going to come through the door.
Kermit: Mmm. I can relate to that. Now, Leela and Chris, you guys are kind of new here, what's it like for you to work with kids and all kinds of wacky characters?
Chris: Well, things are crazy at times, but when you get right down to it, it's fun to work with these guys and Muppets, too.
Leela: Yeah. I think it's great that we get to work with different characters and people and there's a lot of good times coming from there.
Gina: Especially the characters that viewers know and love, you get plenty of laughs and good times and in essence, you become a kid yourself.
Kermit: Exactly. Now the things that happened here are things that happen in real life.
Bob: Yeah, we've had the birth of Gabi and Miles' adoption and of course, Mr. Hooper's death.
Kermit: Mmm. Yeah, I remember that. So I guess kids learn from watching the show about how things happen and how to deal with death.
Susan: Exactly.
Kermit: Well, let's look at the moments these guys have shared together.
Human cast montage:
Bob singing "People in your Neighborhood"
Maria and Luis singing "Hola"
Gina doing her job as a veterinarian
Olivia singing "I'm a big girl"
Chris' debut
Leela making a video of Sesame Street.
David and Maria in Mr. Hooper's store for David's birthday.
Maria and Luis' wedding
Gabi's birth
Miles' adoption
The adults with Big Bird explaining Mr. Hooper's death
Interview Segment:
Robin: Watching the grown-ups on the show is handy because they help teach things and we can learn things just by watching them.
Rizzo: Watching the adults with some of the crazy characters, it's always made me wonder how they could stand the craziness. They must've gotten tips from Kermit. Heh-heh.
Red: The humans on the show are, I think, teachers in their own right because they help not only the characters and the kids on the show understand something, but the people watching the show can, too.
Wembley: Yeah. I remember from watching it what a wedding is like and what adoption is and it's a great feeling watching the show and learning about something that can happen to someone else.
Bean: What I remember most is Mr. Hooper's death. We didn't know what death was at the time.
Lugsy: Yeah and after watching it, we fully understood about death and it made us really sad and made us cry looking, but at least we now know what we can do when death happens.
Emmet: Mr. Hooper's death is what I remember most. I already went through it once before and when me and my friends watched that episode, we thought about my Pa right away and we cried watching it.
Wendell: It made us understand a little bit more about what happens when people die and what we can do when that happens.
Kermit: It's amazing that we learn much more of what we encounter in our own lives from watching Sesame Street and Mr. Hooper, everyone misses you and we love you. (Sniffs) Anybody have a tissue? (Cries) I'll be okay, just cut to a commercial, please. (Blows nose)