Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's hard for someone to step into a product three-quarters through the process as appears to be the case with Travis. I commend him on his dedication and I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to how I feel about Gonzo.

On the nose:

I still believe some sort of light-weight plastic cast of the nose would have been the best rout. Almost like a less heavy version of the Palisades Mega Gonzo nose. We now know the prototype pictures are taken in very bad lighting and at odd angles. This is not the only new information we have. The color application is different than pictured. It is applied on the outer stocking/netting. It will certainly look better, but I hope it at least looks good.

On the mouth
It appears that the mouth shape is somewhere between these two representations. The line has been smoothed some but not as much as pictured on the right.

On the eyes

The focus reportedly looks much better than the one on the right. Travis reports that the one in his office looks good in that and many ways.

On the tux
We already know it will be a brighter color than what we're used to. Gonzo wore so many variations and this one is reportedly a good choice in person.

That's all I've got for technical updates to shift over here. I hope his nose doesn't look too socky. We have been told the photos aren't good to gage accuracy. I hope this changes in the future. The Muppets are in the best hands with Travis!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Well, I'm very disappointed, too. I will wait to make a final decision until I see some fan photos with the new paint job on the nose, but I've seen the sock nose in person and I hate it. So, unless the new paint makes an ENORMOUS difference, I'll pass on Gonzo. If I was swimming in money, I'd get one just to keep the line going. But I'm not, so I can't. Too bad.

:stick_out_tongue:

Bear Man

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, WOE, I guess I'll just hold out for Fozzie (but that, at least, is a guaranteed sale for me...even if I have to completely customise him, I've as good as spent whatever he's going to cost!)

muppetguy

Reaction score
Sock nose...

Ok, Alot of people are talking about the 'sock nose'. I have to say, if you look closely to the foam eyelids on animal and the pattern of the 'sock nose' (i really don't like that term) the 'netting' look, has a close pattern to the foam. With the paint application, I'm sure it would look great. I have to say, I am not dissapointed. Travis has done as much as he can. We know that the pictures are terrible with terrible lighting as Travis also agrees on. He's a muppet fan too and I know he can't say anything 'bad' about the product, but I feel like he's being truthfully honest.:concern:

All I can say is, I thank him for taking out some time during his busy schedule to answer some questions and before you know it, in like..what, 2 weeks, Gonzo will start shipoping to people. I'm excited.:smile:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed that his nose is still covered in that "stocking-style" material, but I'll hold off on my final opinion until I see him in person. If the rest of his likeness is good, it will be hard to send him back just due to the material of the nose. Still, I'm a bit nervous.

Luke

Reaction score

On the nose:

I still believe some sort of light-weight plastic cast of the nose would have been the best rout. Almost like a less heavy version of the Palisades Mega Gonzo nose. We now know the prototype pictures are taken in very bad lighting and at odd angles. This is not the only new information we have. The color application is different than pictured. It is applied on the outer stocking/netting. It will certainly look better, but I hope it at least looks good.
I won't be purchasing Gonzo. Fozzie is an easy sell to me though. I truly believe Gonzo is a Muppet that needs to have the foam nose (or at the very least something solid, as you say) to look anywhere near like a Gonzo "replica". To be honest, i don't like the overall look anyway, the combination of all the problems and also the odd color outfit just looks so off. I don't understand what the problem is with a foam nose when they've reportedly used foam for Animal and also that these are supposed to be specilialist collectors products - well looked after they would last quite a while, its not like they're toys. I kinda wish Master Replicas would have just brought forward Fozzie and forgotten Gonzo.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Ok, Alot of people are talking about the 'sock nose'. I have to say, if you look closely to the foam eyelids on animal and the pattern of the 'sock nose' (i really don't like that term) the 'netting' look, has a close pattern to the foam.
I'm sorry, and this is the last negative I will post until people start receiving him and putting up pictures (I promise!), but I've seen the netting in person and it looks nothing like foam.

:stick_out_tongue:

FennShysa

Reaction score
I'm sorry, and this is the last negative I will post until people start receiving him and putting up pictures (I promise!), but I've seen the netting in person and it looks nothing like foam.:stick_out_tongue:
Same here - I got to handle the prototype at ComicCon last summer, and the nose looked like crap up close...

Status
Not open for further replies.