New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
To Miles/blessedpsycho

Hi there, and welcome! I really enjoyed reading your story. My first Muppet toy was one of those Kermit the Frog plushes with velcro on the hands and feet. I used to pack that doll with me everywhere as a kid. I also have the Fozzie Bear hand puppet and the dress-up Miss Piggy doll. The very first Muppet Movie I saw was "The Muppet Movie" (the sound of Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" is flowing through my head as I type this- Its one of my favorite Muppet Songs). Anyhow, welcome to the site! Have fun!

Patricia/cherrypotion27

Muppet Mama

Reaction score
Muppet Mama

I want everyone to know about this great cabaret show that I saw at "Don't Tell Mama's" cabaret threatre in New York City, Friday, December 28, 2007. It was called "Movin' Right Along" and featured some of the all-time greatest muppet songs ever plus some history and interesting facts thrown in. Several in the audience were moved to tears remembering where they were and what they were doing when they first heard the songs ... and some of the muppet songs are just out-and-out beautiful. The mood swing went just as quickly to pure joy with other songs.
Anyway, the cbaret show "Movin' Right Along" staring American Idol's Doug Cochrane will be at the Piano Lounge at the Broadway Comedy Club, Music Box Theatre, 318 West 53rd Street on March 22nd and March 29th at 3 PM. GO BY YOURSELF. MUPPET LOVER, BRING A DATE. TAKE THE KIDS. THIS IS ONE SHOW NO MUPPET MAVIN WILL WANT TO MISS. Call for reservations or just show up. There is a 15.00 cover and food/drink minimum but there IS FOOD so you can grab something to eat and don't have to get a drink if you want. I was so impressed by the show in December, and know this one will be even more impressive.
Let me know what you think of it.
If you are going in to the City for Easter, take in the show. You are going to love it. It's time Muppet Lovers were given the respect of a show in the theatre district and I, for one, want to make sure that there continues to be a Muppet sound on the White Way.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds great! Thanks for telling us about it, but..um..who are you? Why not stick around and introduce yourself?
:smile:

technobubbles

Reaction score
New Member Intro

Hello, fellow muppetfans. Just an ordinary 40-something who went through high school listening to the Muppet Movie Soundtrack, dug it, and made it a part of who I am. Now that I have a near double-digit mini-muppet fan in the house, I went looking for a digital copy of the soundtrack. That's how I found this site. It also led me to create a site with the songs posted, since it felt like it took searching forever and twelve back flips to find the songs from the movie. My site, dedicated to the soundtrack, is at www.geocities.com/juliehpt. Can you get behind it?

Pork

Reaction score
Greetings... Techno-Bubbles. I agree with Gold Demona, that's one styilish name.

Welcome to the craziness here at MC.

Sourpapaya

Reaction score
:excited:
I just found this place and am glad to be here!

I've been poking around, reading some posts and wow!
Hopefully I'll have something of actual interest to post about soon.

Pork

Reaction score
Hey Sourpapaya.

Welcome to Muppet Central. I'm sure you'll fit in well with all the Muppety Goodness around here.

WeirdOne

Reaction score
Hello!

Hi, Im new here...and Im sorry if I posted in the wrong section but I don't know where to post these kind of topics.

Anyway, I am a big Muppet fan. I have the first two seasons box sets, movies, the anniversary CD, a Kermit doll, and my most valueable piece of the Muppets that I have is a taped, uncut, version (also with bridging sequences) of Muppet's Family Christmas. My favorite characters are :halo: :eek: and my absolute favorite :concern: (who describes me)!

Along with the Muppets, I very much enjoy classic animation.