Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
WHAT?! no... :cry: it cant be true. Wow... major shock right now, just wow... what to say? jeez... I go away for ONE day, and BANG. He was a great writer, lots of talent, very talented guy. He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :sympathy:

Eight's King

Reaction score
I just found out from someone at work and had to come here to see for myself.

I'm so sad, after watching the special features on the Fraggle Rock DVD's I feel like I was just getting to know who he was.

In his memory we should all aspire to achieve his level of creativity in all that we do.

He has changed all of our lives, the world really!!!

His will be well remembered...

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl, rest in peace.

I Remembered when I was at home watching the news about Jim Henson passed away. I was in shock. My greatest dream about meeting the geinus behind the muppets was shattered but I still kept the magic and the memories.

It has been a while since i loged back into our group and today I had more shocking news. Jerry Juhl, writer, artist, puppeteer passed away.
I wanted so badly to go to the convention and meet the rest of the crew. but that never happened, (my boss refused me my vacation, luckly I got a better job)

We remember watching Jerry's words peforming on the Muppet Show, on Fraggle Rock and yes some Sesame Street Bits he wrote for the muppets.

We had seen him peforming on the Ed Sulvian Show. We heard him in Records as well.

We lost another talented artist.

We can say that Jim, Richard, Erin and Jerry are putting up the lights and performing behind those golden gates.

God blessed you, and we will miss you Jerry Juhl. :cry:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Sigh...another person whose significant contributions helped make the Muppets the endearing, touching, entertaining characters that they are is gone.

Granted Jerry more or less retired from the Muppets several years ago, but this loss is perhaps as spiritually crippling to the characters as Jim's death has been. Jim and Jerry together comprised the Muppets' hearts and souls. There will never be another collaboration quite like that, one that created these magical real characters that we're still enchanted by decades later. The word "special" is simply too ordinary of a word to describe what Jerry helped give to the world.

Thank you, Mr. Juhl.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i dont know what to really say that hasnt been said or will be said. Jerry semed liked such a sweet guy so did Richard and Jim evrything i saw from them was just deep kindness and a sort of gentleness about them. Brian still has that same gentleness in him like his dad. im really sad i never got to meet any of these talented men. if only i had an ounce of what they had i would be a much better man. they all brought such joy to the world. we really need a memoreal or somthing i think :sympathy:

tomahawk

Reaction score
I know people are sad at the passing of Jerry Juhl, but was it really needed to call the Jim Henson company to find this out? I was at the event today and you could see that the people that work with the Henson company were still in a state of shock over this. I'm sorry if this angers anyone but it would have been nice to wait for an official press release.

My thought is that they are also trying to get through this and also get through the working day and by calling them to me just makes things tougher.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its very sad news, I'm so shocked by this. Just came onto MC and saw this on the main page. He should now be with Jim Henson.

Juno42

Reaction score
Oh my God.

I just got the announcement. I can't believe it. I met Jerry my senior year in high school, he mentored me in a video project. He was such a wonderfully nice, supportive guy. I had been in email contact with him since, and had been meaning to drop him a note for a bit now. God I wish I had. What happened?