Celebrating Jerry Juhl

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is horrible, horrible, very sad news. This isn't happening? Did we really lose another one? It's so sad.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I just called the Henson company in CA and they confirmed the news. He will truly be missed. :cry:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
has there ben a solid verifacation because i see no info any where
I called the JHC on La Brea in LA. You can find their number on the website. They verified it there. I am waiting on a call from the PR Dept after leaving a message inquiring about a press release.

I'm sure if we keep our eyes open to www.henson.com the press release section should have something up there before long. I'm sure they understand his importance to, not only their company, but also their fans.

http://www.henson.com/company/press.html
Nothing is there yet, but here's the link to keep on hand to keep checking for info.

I'm also disheartened that nobody (CNN or otherwise) has any mention of his passing! No credit where it's due.

goshposh

Reaction score
i saw jerry at the poa festival in july. he seemed to be in good health. my sympathy goes to his family

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

Aw no! :cry: this is sad news! I will miss him. :frown: My heart goes with his family. I was just watchin my "MTI" dvd on saturday and Jerry was in it. :frown: thanks for informing us Foz. R.I.P Jerry @ least him and Jim are togeather again making Muppet magic up there!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
No, I can't believe it. This is too sad. Rest in Peace Mr. Juhl.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just posted this at TP regarding posts from folks who've seen him recently:

Man. I'm so jealous that some of you all got to meet him. *sigh.*

I still haven't heard back from anybody at the JHC yet.

I agree that there should be a dedication to him on the next TMS set! He deserves it. I, like Quinn, agree that he gave the basis in his writing that the performers used to create the personalities of the Muppets. Without him, everybody might be different.

Oh, and (between you and me) I know what the Banana Sketch is, and it's FUNN-EE!... :wink: Seriously, though, maybe now's a good time to discuss our appreciation of Jerry Juhl?

I'll tell you, as a kid growing up and trying to determine the direction for Muley Comix or puppets, I drew a LOT of my inspiration from The Muppet Show (as well as Peanuts). That being said, a lot of my inspiration came from, not only Jim Henson, but probably mainly Jerry Juhl who, as the head writer all those years, developed a certain sense of humor on the show that I might otherwise have never known. I, like many of you, never knew what a Jerry Juhl even was, but when I discovered WHO he was I fell in love. He's brilliance at its best, and such brilliance was never given proper credit among his peers in the entertainment industry, and even now there's no obituaries or news articles about his passing. I think we can all say we not only appreciate his work over all the years he worked with The Muppets, but better than that we all loved him. The quiet, talented man behind the scenes has stepped even further from the spotlights...but, he can't get away from our hearts!

Whatever success I have in the future with my cartooning and puppetry will be dedicated to you, Jerry! Thank you for the inspiration and the happiness you gave me over the years.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl...

This news is...too much...

No, no, no. It can't be so. No!!! Oh, god, I can't believe this...Jerry is...he's one of my idols he's been...forever, and....it's...no...