UK help required

LadyVilla

Reaction score
Oooh, will definitely check them out for the pre-dyed Antron!

The foam I ordered from the foam shop was 1.25cm, so about 1/2" which was 30PPI.

LadyVilla

Reaction score
So I've made a bit of progress on 'Uno' going slowly with him being my first puppet.

I'm quite smitten with him, being my first and all that. :flirt:

His arms and legs haven't been attached, I've just clipped them in from the inside for now. I've read on several websites how a lot of people like legs to be detachable due to the 'being kicked in the head' issue. :mad:

The arms I'm not sure if I want to look into doll joints or just sew them on.

I'm currently working on hands, using the tutorial from Project Puppet.. I like the hands with the two parts foam, plastic board and wire for the bendable fingers however I'm not planning on gluing a rod into the middle of the hand.

I'd like to go with arm rods I can detach. I keep looking at Jarrod Boutcher puppets but I can't see any info on his arm rods. I know most people just say velcro or use what you got... I just want to try and make him as professional as possible. Guess I have high standards which unfortunately is very time consuming and hard work. haha

again.. any advice or suggestions from you guys is greatly appreciated!

LadyVilla

Reaction score
Thanks! Would love to take a look at it!

I love Rookie Monster, I noticed you used the same pattern, did you make any adjustments to him at all?

I'm about to order the Punto and Borsa as they have a sale on till the 7th.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
No, no changes. Used the pattern as is with no alterations :smile:

LadyVilla

Reaction score
Only just realised you had added the link in your post. I'm a forum newbie still so don't expect too much from me haha :insatiable:

Great tutorial for the rods! Will combine your tips with the project puppet ones.

I'm waiting for my Punto pattern to arrive so I can check out the detachable ones too.

cjspiteri

Reaction score
So I've made a bit of progress on 'Uno' going slowly with him being my first puppet.

I'm quite smitten with him, being my first and all that. :flirt:

His arms and legs haven't been attached, I've just clipped them in from the inside for now. I've read on several websites how a lot of people like legs to be detachable due to the 'being kicked in the head' issue. :mad:

The arms I'm not sure if I want to look into doll joints or just sew them on.

I'm currently working on hands, using the tutorial from Project Puppet.. I like the hands with the two parts foam, plastic board and wire for the bendable fingers however I'm not planning on gluing a rod into the middle of the hand.

I'd like to go with arm rods I can detach. I keep looking at Jarrod Boutcher puppets but I can't see any info on his arm rods. I know most people just say velcro or use what you got... I just want to try and make him as professional as possible. Guess I have high standards which unfortunately is very time consuming and hard work. haha

again.. any advice or suggestions from you guys is greatly appreciated!
LadyVilla what did you use for eyes? The white part "_"