UK help required

Ant

Reaction score
I was wondering If anyone can help me, I live in the Uk and have been been doing lots of research and it seems that the only bits. I'm having problems finding are, yes you've guessed it, Antron Fleece and Reticulated Foam.

The issue with the fleece is that it seems not exists over here are there any suppliers you know of I have found one Mermibrdg but is there anywhere else.

As for the reticulated foam, where do you get the plain white stuff from as when I google it I get a lot of fish pond stuff coming up that is invariably already coloured.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Anthony

pinocchio

Reaction score
I've always used Pentonville Rubber for my sheets of reticulated foam, based in central London. But just the other day I was looking to buy a block for carving and came across "the foam shop" online not used them yet but looks like a good website with a choice of reticulated foam.

Think I'll give them a try.

P

Ant

Reaction score
I thanks for that I shall look into it now to find the Antron fleece

Ant

Reaction score
Pentonville hmmmm close to me nice, I was concerned aboutmermibridg that as it didn't to seem to have been updated for a whole good to know that it's still an active site. I've seen your stuff And my gods you've got some mad skills. I'm in love with your gonzo. I may pick your brains if that's okay?

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Its very much a active site. I use it a lot.
Yea happy to help if i can. Any questions pm me :smile:

LadyVilla

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm also from the UK and due to a recent change of circumstances I've decided to finally give puppet making a go. I've got a Project Puppet pattern that I've had sitting here for a while now. Decided to try 'Mostro' first...

The one thing I'm not sure on is the mouthpiece, where do I find a 6x6 square of foam core. Does it only come in the one size? I know some don't like to use foam core so are there any recommendations for other materials. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Oh also do Pentonville deliver or would I need to phone and arrange pick up. I'm not ready to buy in bulk just yet. Any idea of prices

Thanks.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm also from the UK and due to a recent change of circumstances I've decided to finally give puppet making a go. I've got a Project Puppet pattern that I've had sitting here for a while now. Decided to try 'Mostro' first...

The one thing I'm not sure on is the mouthpiece, where do I find a 6x6 square of foam core. Does it only come in the one size? I know some don't like to use foam core so are there any recommendations for other materials. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Oh also do Pentonville deliver or would I need to phone and arrange pick up. I'm not ready to buy in bulk just yet. Any idea of prices

Thanks.
Hiya :smile:
If your just starting out, maybe start with upholstery foam.. (The blue stuff) its a lot cheaper and more readilly available at most fabric/upholstery stores. You can get a sheet of half inch stuff for a few quid.

As for mouthplates.. I use these for rigid mouths :smile:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5336326140&icep_item=121352536694

Reactions: Ant

LadyVilla

Reaction score