The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

charlietheowl

Reaction score
More like heard, but I was listening to a shuffle on my way home from work and got "The Rainbow Connection" and "B.O.B." by Outkast back-to-back. Two great songs, but quite the difference in style.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So yeah, the joys of sharing a bathroom with other people.

I bought a 4 pack of toilet paper and put it in the bathroom on friday. How the heck are we down to one roll? Where did three rolls go over the weekend? Granted, it's Charmin and what the school store sells, and the rolls are pretty puny anyway, but seriously. It's funny how when there's one roll of toilet paper in there it goes a long way.

I think I'm gonna start just putting one or two rolls in there at a time. I don't mind buying it since I have to use up my school money anyway, but seriously. It just boggles my mind how three rolls can be used up in 2 days :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I just receive like umpteen or so emails, and when I checked them out, it pretty much appears that practically every single question I've posted on Yahoo! Answers has been reported and deleted, and for each question that's deleted, 10 points is deducted from your history (I think I had like 700+ or so, I don't know).

You can appeal the reports: if the appeals are approved, the questions are reposted, and whoever reported them in the first place apparently gets some privileges or something revoked, but if the appeals are denied, then it's an additional 10 points deducted from your history.

I appealed every single one of them, because I honestly don't see how any of the questions I've posted were somehow in violation of the guidelines.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I just receive like umpteen or so emails, and when I checked them out, it pretty much appears that practically every single question I've posted on Yahoo! Answers has been reported and deleted, and for each question that's deleted, 10 points is deducted from your history (I think I had like 700+ or so, I don't know).

You can appeal the reports: if the appeals are approved, the questions are reposted, and whoever reported them in the first place apparently gets some privileges or something revoked, but if the appeals are denied, then it's an additional 10 points deducted from your history.

I appealed every single one of them, because I honestly don't see how any of the questions I've posted were somehow in violation of the guidelines.
Apparently as of now, all but two of the appeals were accepted, so I'll take it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that Snooki has dropped weight (gee, I guess she's NOT going to focus on motherhood after all), she looks all the more disproportionately top heavy.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
A friend of mine posted that he was engaged on Facebook today. I would automatically think "April Fools" because of today, but my friend has a history of impulsive decisions, including flying to Australia to visit an ex a few years ago without telling his family, roommate or the girl he was going to see. So I'm not entirely sure if he's trying to pull everyone's leg or actually proposed to his girlfriend.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Turns out it was a joke after all, one perpetrated by his girlfriend from his account. So my friend is still (relatively) unattached.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Check out this clip:

Barney (the Dinosaur) has been making many mall appearences throughout Canada lately. This is footage from one that happened last month. Barney didn't have anywhere to hide just as the show was starting; so while Barney's walking around out in the open, the announcer is telling the audience to close their eyes and use their imagination.

I dunno, I found it funny. :laugh: