The Muppet Madness Tournament 2013

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you think he sent himself all those votes, the Mailman (an unnamed Jim Henson AM) lugging in three sackfuls?
If only the votes counted in favor of :batty: outnumber Snuffy's... And why is it :insatiable: and :super: get matched up against each other every year? It's become the Muppet equivalent of whatever college basketball rivalry you want to analogize it with.

Hubert

Reaction score
Some of the round 1 tournament finishes were pretty fun...both Animal and Dr. Teeth and Snuffy and Big Bird were only some 60 votes apart. Glad to see that Snuffy pulled it out, though. Cantus put up a nice run as well, at least better than I figured he would.

Now these round 2 matchups are all really nice...unlike round 1 where we pinpointed clear winners (Grover, Cookie, Beaker, Sprocket), I'm having a hard time predicting any of these.

I'm torn on some of these votes...should I vote for Wembley or Gobo? I like both, but Wembley might be my choice, as I'm really coming to like him as of late. I would vote for Snuffy, yet I feel like a win for the Count would be fitting with the passing of Jerry recently.

And Sprocket and Boober are currently tied! I figured that Boober might have an edge, but that one could easily go right down to the end. Very exciting!

Not really caring much for Baby Sinclair and Bear matchup, not sure who I want to win it. I've seen very little Dinosaurs, so it's hard for me to root for Baby, and I don't really care for Bear to advance either.

Fizzgig and Sir Didymus will be fun as well, almost coming down to another Labyrinth against Dark Crystal battle. Hopefully DIdymus can pull it out, he's probably my favorite to win that quadrant.

And I'm really excited to see Rowlf vs. Beaker and Sweetums vs. Animal! I'm rooting for Rowlf and Sweetums, as again I'd like to see the more overrated and casually popular Muppets make way for the lesser known. It'll be really fun to see who wins in a Rowlf vs. Sweetums matchup if it comes down to that.

I guess I better change this avatar and sig, dunno who to root for now overall. I'm probably most passionate about Rowlf and Sweetums both, maybe I'll root for both to face off in round three.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're having trouble deciding...

Vote for the dude who will always Count you as the one you that helped him count past nine 9's when counting the you's out there on youtube.
After all, if it wasn't for you voting for him, we wouldn't have gotten such a vonderful new video would we?

Hubert

Reaction score
Eh, I think I am going to vote for Count in this. It'd be really nice to see him win and give him some votes to count at the same time. :batty:

Boober and Sprocket are still close, Boober's only ahead by 6. This one is probably one of the most exciting for me. :coy: :drool:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Just tell me who you want to lose and I'll vote for them. I seem to have this luck of always voting for the loser :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
Surprised at how much Rowlf is prevailing over Beaker. I thought the dog would have a tough time, but apparently the fan love for Rowlf is keeping him in early again. :sympathy:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Round 3 is going on now! There's Rowlf v.s Animal, The Count v.s Cookie Monster, Wembley v.s Sprocket, and Bear v.s Sir Didymus. The decisions get tougher and tougher.

I'm voting for The Count, Animal, Wembley, and Bear for this one. I'm trying to let The Count move on to the Final 4.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What's this "trying to let" :batty: move on to the next round?
We should be "helping!" him move on to the Froggy Four!

So yes, come all my Countakeeters, vote your little black batty hearts for our faworite numerian vampirian Muppet to beat :insatiable: this year!
1 2 3 batty batty bats avay!

Oooh, I'm so excited for :batty: to hopefully win.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
What's this "trying to let" :batty: move on to the next round?
We should be "helping!" him move on to the Froggy Four!

So yes, come all my Countakeeters, vote your little black batty hearts for our faworite numerian vampirian Muppet to beat :insatiable: this year!
1 2 3 batty batty bats avay!

Oooh, I'm so excited for :batty: to hopefully win.
Yeah! Me, too. Please, tell everyone you know to vote for The Count! :batty: