Game Suggestions Thread

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Hmm... If the rules are further defined, I wouldn't be opposed to starting up a Muppet Madlibs, Muppet BumperStumpers, or Muppet Quotes/Who Said That in 2013. My only concern is that we'd need someone to serve as the individual gamemasters for each so things don't get too out of control like other threads.
I wouldn't mind being gamemaster for Muppet Mad Libs, unless anyone objects. I have a clear picture in my mind of how the game could work. The only thing I'm kind of concerned about is whether we should have multiple stories going, or wait until one is finished and posted before starting another one. The multiple stories could work if people clearly say which one they're giving words for, but if we do this the other way, I'm not sure how to decide who comes up with the next story. Maybe the last person whose words complete the story? Here are the rules I thought of so far:

1. Someone chooses an existing song or a sketch, or makes up one of their own. It can be anything as long as it's Muppet-related.
2. Without showing anyone which song/sketch they have chosen, the person removes certain words from it. They then post a list of the types of words that are needed (Noun, Verb, Adjective, etc.).
3. Everyone else posts whatever words they can come up with, whether they give just one word or more.
4. When all of the blank spaces have been filled, the original poster shares the song/sketch with everyone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds fine. The few pieces of advice I'd recommend are:
1 Keep it to one story/sketch/song per round, that way we don't get confused as to what exactly is going on.
2 Limit it to one suggestive word per poster. That way it's easier to keep track who suggested what and how to decide which words to use.
3 The person who supplies the last needed word gets the turn to come up with the next sketch/story/song after the first poster posts the completed version.

So that's a 2013 Muppet Madlibs greenlit with Piggy The Frog as its gamemaster.
Anybody else?

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
That sounds fine. The few pieces of advice I'd recommend are:
1 Keep it to one story/sketch/song per round, that way we don't get confused as to what exactly is going on.
2 Limit it to one suggestive word per poster. That way it's easier to keep track who suggested what and how to decide which words to use.
3 The person who supplies the last needed word gets the turn to come up with the next sketch/story/song after the first poster posts the completed version.

So that's a 2013 Muppet Madlibs greenlit with Piggy The Frog as its gamemaster.
Anybody else?
I like your suggestions! Thanks, and I'll start it soon. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, only mods can start threads in the Games section, hence the nature of this Games Suggestions thread.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Er, only mods can start threads in the Games section, hence the nature of this Games Suggestions thread.
Eep! Sorry, I misunderstood. :embarrassed: I was looking through some of the threads in the games section, and some of them weren't started by mods, hence the confusion.

Hubert

Reaction score
What's the progress of the revival of the "Who Said That?" game? I'd like to see it resurrected, so I was wondering what the status is for that. Is it going to happen?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to take over as Gamemaster, then, sure, we could start it up anew.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay then, just need a copy of the rules and I can create the game thread for you to manage.

Hubert

Reaction score
So are you saying that you are going to get a copy of the rules, or that I should type up the rules?