Game Suggestions Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
1 Sorry, but I feel like the "Things They'd Never Say" has the potential to get very negatively naughty so very fast that I don't think it would be a good idea for these forums.
2 The "Wrong Answer" game could be done if better named. Given that we have Muppet Trivia—and I don't really know if that's been turned into an every little detail quiz game now—and Muppet fans are always seeking information here or backed up through Muppet Wiki as their main sources, I think a game where imaginative answers to basic questions could cause confusion.
3 The "Who Said That" and "Finish the Muppet Quote" have potential, perhaps merged into one similar game?

Hope this helps.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I do vaguely remember seeing a "Things They'd Never Say" thread on here a few years back, but I guess it got removed. Anyway, I understand that it can get out of hand.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Which is why we need game hosts who can keep an eye on all the posts as gameplay goes on, mindful of when things start to get out of hand, reporting it to mods so we can then step in if needed.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I understand. I wouldn't mind moderating a game, but frankly, I really don't have the time.

Greengables95

Reaction score
I have some suggestions:
1- Last One to Post...Wins: Basically, the person who posts last on every page wins.
2- Famous Muppet Openings and Endings, Can You Guess?- One poster tells an opening or ending line from any Muppet project, and the poster shall give three guesses to what it is (that is three other posters). If one person gets it before this happens, they shall win. If no one gets it in three posts, the poster of the quote shall win.
3- TPBM (The Poster Below Me)- One poster has to say something that may or may not be true about the TPBM (like TPBM likes to eat cookies) and TPBM answers it.
4- TPAM (The Poster Above Me)- One poster has to say something about TBAM (like TPAM likes Arthur) and etc.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Muppet Mad Libs might be a fun idea. Basically, someone chooses a song or sketch (or makes up one of their own), and takes certain words out. Of course nobody knows what the story/sketch/whatever is. The poster makes a list of the types of words that are needed, like noun, adjective, verb etc. Everyone else comes up with words until the list is complete, then the poster shows the final product. To keep it fair, everyone gets a chance to suggest at least one word.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
A Muppet Smilies game! :smile:

Here's my thinking:
1. Person posts two (or maybe more) smilies next to each other.

Example: :dreamy::grouchy:

2. Next person comes up with dialogue between the characters that results in the characters' expressions (i.e., what emotion they 'stand' for). How this dialogue will be limited is through the limit on smilies for each comment, for each line will be denoted by character smiley.

Example:
:dreamy:: My fellow Fraggles! ...And, Monsters! I call this one, "Snow." [clears throat]

Water water in the sky
Floating sadness, floating by
Rush upon the earth with haste
Silent blessing
Blanketing waste

:grouchy:: "Blanketing waste?!" YECCH!!

3. The person who creates the dialogue "answer" like the one above can then post new smilies for the next "answerer!"

I think that's all pretty clear :halo: One thing I was thinking of is denoting whether a round is "lax" where you just use the smileys to come up with a short imaginary dialogue between the two characters, or whether it is "strict" and smilies' actual expressions matter in the dialogue. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Replying...

1 Muppet Mad Libs, I think that already exists. Search for it, and if the last post is too far back from now, we could start up a new version for 2013.
2 Muppet Bumper Stickers, unsure of that game's rules, so I can't comment.
3 Smilies Game, it has merit... But we already do that in RPG's or regular posts when we're interacting with a particular smilie character. Also, people might use their own custom-made smilies from the Muppet Smilie thread and those of us who are blind wouldn't know which character it is.
4 The Person Above/Below Me, no, I don't think these are good ideas. You know there's the ziffling you know will take place that will screw up gameplay.
5 Last Person to Post Wins, again, this is not a good game idea. What do they win? And it'll devolve into a post-padding race just to be the person to get the last post on a page. That kind of fluff we already have and don't need more of on the forums.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score

1 Muppet Mad Libs, I think that already exists. Search for it, and if the last post is too far back from now, we could start up a new version for 2013.
I searched, but couldn't find Muppet Mad Libs anywhere.