Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Still he works with children, on a day the day to day, and Sesame is going to be looked at as they should have known or something like that. It's just how things work.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
We all are fans here and we enjoy everything Muppet, but let’s be clear. Sesame Street’s target age is children 3-5, not fellas 17-24. There really is no connection between this performer’s professional life and personal one aside from a sensationalized fiction that gossip rags have used to fill their webpages.

I don’t understand why people are still talking about this. Every reputable news resource moved on from this story a long time ago. Attorneys and opportunists are desperately trying to keep this story alive for personal gain. A man lost his 30 year career and reputation over the still unsubstantiated word of people with questionable integrity and motives. How can a person prove that they didn’t do something when no accuser can offer evidence that they did? That’s what this comes down to.

Again, people are going to believe what they choose. We aren’t likely going to receive any further legitimate information. We must find our own closure without fanning the flames of gossip. Otherwise, we really aren’t any better than TMZ.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people are still talking about this.
It seems like MCers have difficulty letting something go like this... it's only been within the last couple of months or so people have FINALLY stopped talking about the whole Chick-fil-A controversy, and that started back in the summer.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
We all are fans here and we enjoy everything Muppet, but let’s be clear. Sesame Street’s target age is children 3-5, not fellas 17-24. There really is no connection between this performer’s professional life and personal one aside from a sensationalized fiction that gossip rags have used to fill their webpages.

I don’t understand why people are still talking about this. Every reputable news resource moved on from this story a long time ago. Attorneys and opportunists are desperately trying to keep this story alive for personal gain. A man lost his 30 year career and reputation over the still unsubstantiated word of people with questionable integrity and motives. How can a person prove that they didn’t do something when no accuser can offer evidence that they did? That’s what this comes down to.

Again, people are going to believe what they choose. We aren’t likely going to receive any further legitimate information. We must find our own closure without fanning the flames of gossip. Otherwise, we really aren’t any better than TMZ.
It seems like MCers have difficulty letting something go like this... it's only been within the last couple of months or so people have FINALLY stopped talking about the whole Chick-fil-A controversy, and that started back in the summer.
You're both right. We shouldn't bother digging further into anything that lacks any real evidence. But at the same time, it is more of a challenge for some to ignore this case then others. If we really love Kevin, then we just have to grin and bear it, keep him in our thoughts and prayers, and just hope that things get better for him.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
ugh can we give up already its obvious kevins done and these guys want money

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
ugh can we give up already its obvious kevins done and these guys want money
I don't think Kevin's exactly "done". Yeah, we won't be seeing him for awhile (probably never again on SS), but I wouldn't say he'll never be a puppeteer again.

As for the guys wanting money, I've said this before, I'll say this again. We can't jump to conclusions. There's not enough evidence to prove that. Yes, I'm sure that's what a lot of people want to believe, but we simply don't know the truth.

My point was that we really shouldn't try to dig any deeper into the truth. If we love and respect Kevin, we'll leave his personal life alone. And hope and pray that this case gets closed properly.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
exactly i dont want to see him crash well already sorta happened i hope he can work for disney and preform clifford more often :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't know about that. Poor Clifford hasn't really seen the light since the "Muppets Wizard of Oz." It's a good thought though.

WorldOfSesame

Reaction score
I think that WHOEVER MADE the Elmo allegations should have just shut the tape on their front doors before making false regulations. Now how does Elmo feel about that? My opinion? He'd laugh over that one!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, Elmo is certainly having a big laugh all of these allegations against him; we all know the allegations against Elmo are absurd... Elmo doesn't even exist below the waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.