TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Miles wasn't there, too. I wonder what Miles has been doing lately?
I haven't seen Miles in awhile. I'll have to check back, but I don't think he's in the last few parades either. Though he's still considered a cast member, as SW has a bio for him.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I was obviously pumped for the Kermit balloon and the Sesame Street float. (I called my mom over for both). During the Sesame Street float, my parents and siblings were commenting on how old the adults looked, and I had to tend to pretty much every comment they made (including how Bob, Luis, and Susan are now in their 70's). Come to think of it, it's true with how old they looked.

During the Kermit balloon, when one of the announcers mentioned the release of The Muppets it reminded me of how tomorrow night to celebrate the first anniversary of the movie, I'm going to watch my DVD copy of it! :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
My family must really know how much I love Kermit. I already had the parade on this morning & I saw the Kermit balloon sailing by. My mom (who didn't know I had the parade on) said "Kath..turn on the parade!" I told her , "I already have it on!" Then the phone rings. Figuring it's my best friend calling to tell me that the Kermit balloon was up I answer the phone in Kermit's salutation"Hi ho!" It was my sister telling me about the Kermit balloon. She said "You know already?" I told her "Yep. I was watching the parade plus Mom told me."
(Good thing it wasn't a stranger when I answered the phone :"Hi ho!" I think they might have been taken aback and offended! :eek:)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yes. It was referring to the Sesame Street Muppets.
They probably should have just said "the cast of Sesame Street" so it wouldn't have been as confusing. About the voices, I guess we've established that Elmo was a possibility. I really didn't catch anything with the Count, if I get a chance to see it elsewhere, I'll have to listen to that again. This may have been Matt's first shot at the voice but I don't know. I didn't notice a difference in Murray's voice, but it was pretty noisy at my parents' house at the time so maybe I didn't hear it very well. But I don't know why it wouldn't have been Joey if the other voices were prerecorded. I guess that's something to think about.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
They probably should have just said "the cast of Sesame Street" so it wouldn't have been as confusing. About the voices, I guess we've established that Elmo was a possibility. I really didn't catch anything with the Count, if I get a chance to see it elsewhere, I'll have to listen to that again. This may have been Matt's first shot at the voice but I don't know. I didn't notice a difference in Murray's voice, but it was pretty noisy at my parents' house at the time so maybe I didn't hear it very well. But I don't know why it wouldn't have been Joey if the other voices were prerecorded. I guess that's something to think about.
This was prerecorded some time ago, so we already know that Kevin's voice was used for Elmo. Who puppeteered him is still up in the air. The Count didn't have any vocal parts. And I didn't really notice anything off with Murray's voice either.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
At the end, Gina had to pull a little girl away from the railing, just at the float began to move.

I remember a similar event some years back where somebody (I believe it was Gordon) nearly fell off the float, and someone else (either Bob or Luis) had to hold onto him.

wiley207

Reaction score
They probably should have just said "the cast of Sesame Street" so it wouldn't have been as confusing.
They did that at the start of the parade, at least. Previously we'd get "The cast of Sesame Street... and the Muppets!" That caused major confusion on my brother...