1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 21, 2012.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

That was a good song, and I did see the Count he was there behind two others.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

To everyone wondering about Murray's voice, the reason he sounded different was because he was rapping really fast. It was still Joey Mazzarino doing the voice. And as Pinkflower said, Elmo was the perfect one to sing, "Nothing's gonna bring us down." That might not have been intentional, but it warmed my heart.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  3. dwayne1115

Yes it really seemed to fit for what has been going on, and give people hope in Elmo, if you know what I mean.
  4. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Sesame Street and Kermit are just big chunks of sunshine in the middle of that parade :wisdom: The float and the song and everything were so cheerful to watch! Very cute.

And might I say that Abby Cadabby is just the most adorable little thing. (Those super fluffy white earmuffs under her pompom pigtails!! :flirt: )
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They seem to focus on the identical sounding "talent" more than anything. They could have at least mentioned the ones that were new that year. And there was only like 3 or so, including the artist of the year balloon.

I really hate how most of the floats are corporate sponsored commercials. Office Max Elves?!?! REALLY?!? At least we had 3 cartoon based ones. Smurfs (which they barely showed), Peanuts, and TMNT. It was great to see the Turtles, but the float was monopolized by some bad (the least like everything else sounding bit of the parade, though). Okay... they let the Power Rangers do their theme song.

All and all, every year I say I wish I could afford a DVR. I'd so prerecord the parade so I could skip to the balloons.
  6. dwayne1115

How did the TMNT look did they look like the costumes from the first two origianl movies?
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

New series.
  8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

It was a pretty nice parade, despite the heavy emphasis on flavor-of-the-month pop stars. The song sung by the SS cast definitely takes on a whole new meaning since Kevin Clash's departure, too.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Ah, that does make sense. Thank you for mentioning that.
  10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

One thing I wonder about is what will happen in next year's parade. Will that will be the first time we'll hear someone else as Elmo? I don't think Kevin's Elmo voice will be prerecorded that far in advance unless they do a recording of a song from a past year or something. Just something I was thinking about.

Well, that's good to know. After losing Jerry and Kevin this year, the last thing we'd want would be to lose Joey as well.
  12. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Huh. That's a good question. How well will someone else be able to voice Elmo?
    JazzyAlphabet likes this.
  13. JazzyAlphabet

JazzyAlphabet Well-Known Member

Last year's performance had Kevin Clash as Elmo!
    muppetfan24/7 likes this.
  14. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I hate to burst your bubble, but the voice was pre-recorded... :(
  15. JazzyAlphabet

JazzyAlphabet Well-Known Member

Are all the Sesame Street Muppets singing voices pre-recorded?
  16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Usually. For the Parade, everyone has to be pre-recorded. It's rather difficult to sing in freezing cold weather.
    muppetfan24/7 likes this.