New Muppet Caper Movie 2013 Official Thread

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can't speak for Rizzo but as most people said the reason Pepe only made a cameo was they didn't wanna take away from the original Muppets.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I definetely grew up with Rizzo. Starting with the Muppet Cjhrsitmas Carol of course. Yeah, I do miss him and I LOVE his Brooklyn accent. So, who doesn't love this rat?
I love him too, ever since I first saw him and the other rats do the Rat Scat in MTM!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I definetely grew up with Rizzo. Starting with the Muppet Cjhrsitmas Carol of course. Yeah, I do miss him and I LOVE his Brooklyn accent. So, who doesn't love this rat?
Oh yeah, Rizzo did have a Brooklyn accent. Didn't Oscar have one too for awhile? I've always been fascinated with Brooklyn accents. In fact I started a thread awhile back asking if Ms. Belle of JHH Dog City had a Brooklyn accent and for some reason, no one really knew either.

But yeah, The Muppet Christmas Carol I think was the first Muppet movie I ever seen. I think I was 3 and I was terrified of Statler as the doorknocker for so many years that I finally didn't face my fear with that until my high school years. lol 1990s was totally my generation. Best time to be a kid, Nickelodeon was the one channel I watched, had it's twisted animation and Muppet Matinee what more could I want? Then Muppets Tonight came out. I remember my reaction when my parents told me The Muppets are returning with new episodes, and I'm like...Wait, The Muppet Show is all reruns? lol Even my reaction to Clifford with no classes, when I seen the promos, I thought he was just a Clifford look a like. But yeah, I loved Muppets Tonight. That, and the two 90s Muppets are probably my favorite Muppet projects that came after Jim's unfortunate passing in 1990. I keep asking myself, what would Jim do if he was still with us. I'm sure he'd still be exploring new mediums of television and film technology no doubt. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah when Jim Henson died we didn't just lose a great man. We also lost out on all the awesomeness that would have been sure to have been created had he lived. The man was a genius and everything he touched was gold.
I have taken his death about as hard as I have lost a close family member. I think I've taken it harder now then when he first past away. Mainly because I was only 7. :/

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to see this when it comes out. The Muppets is my favorite film ever, and I bet I'll love this one as much as the first one!

Drtooth

Reaction score
But yeah like I said, I'd love for Frank to write and direct another Muppet Movie. Even "The Cheapest Muppet Movie EVER" script, there's a script that needs to be made. It was the lost Muppet Movie script written by Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Jerry Juhl. The original writers, so might as well if the script keeps coming into the meetings from time to time. Like I said, I think it would be really funny. :smile:
It depends on how much of it is finished if I want to see that made or not. Movies done with a partially completed script, especially ones where the original writers passed on never turn out too good. I really liked the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie, but you can tell which parts were written by Douglas Adams, and what was added in by the new writer that patched up the rest of it. I'm sure Frank would be more than willing to finish Cheapest and see that one off. But then it also could go horribly wrong. I mean, this movie would have came out after MTM, and they've been playing with house money at that point. The movie sounds very experimental. The fans might like it, but the casual audience could be scared away by the concept. And as much as fans matter, causal audiences bring the most money.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It depends on how much of it is finished if I want to see that made or not. Movies done with a partially completed script, especially ones where the original writers passed on never turn out too good. I really liked the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie, but you can tell which parts were written by Douglas Adams, and what was added in by the new writer that patched up the rest of it. I'm sure Frank would be more than willing to finish Cheapest and see that one off. But then it also could go horribly wrong. I mean, this movie would have came out after MTM, and they've been playing with house money at that point. The movie sounds very experimental. The fans might like it, but the casual audience could be scared away by the concept. And as much as fans matter, causal audiences bring the most money.
Perhaps a TV Special or even a direct to DVD / Blu-ray/ digital video sort of thing. If Frank written it with perhaps Brian Henson and they worked on it together. I'm sure it would be pretty good. And like you mentioned about fans. I've noticed The Muppets became sort of a cult following for quite awhile. Even when I was a fan growing up in the 90s, I was the only one who actually had a fandom appreciation for The Muppets while other kids I knew weren't passionate about anything of interest. Even in high school, other teens were planning parties and hanging out with huge groups in the cafeteria while I sat at the only empty table in the cafeteria drawing. I drew constaintly and knew where I wanted to go in life while everyone else didn't think of the future, only the present. Though in the 1970s The Muppet Show was mainstream, what was it...like 200 Million viewers a week. Syndicated and International. I remember some people on the form said that the reason why The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight didn't work was syndication and schedule and marketing problems. I thought both shows where great. But yeah, it's probably something to do with that. In terms of comedy, as long as there's fast pace jokes in it and you can keep the audience laughing from begainging, middle and the end, it should work. Besides, camp humor has been a part of The Muppets since the begaining. Even Punsmoke on Sam & Friends. That kind of humor of something going wrong is I think what Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever was aiming towards, getting cheaper and cheaper until it's becames campy and corny and the rest of the characters are stuck with it until the end. So It kind of has that Muppet Show feel to it but takes it to a further level. But like you mentioned, it might not work as a theater movie since movies tend to be quite big and epic. So yeah, perhaps a TV special or direct to DVD sort of thing. Etiher way, it sounds like a great project. Especially if it's something Jim created that hasn't been made yet. Though I wished The Tale of Sand was filmed and not a book personally. Though I still need to buy myself a copy of the graphic novel and I think a copy of the script is suppose to be published soon.